• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce MG Ring Mount

houdel

There has been quite a few posts asking about the purpose that tubular mount on the passenger's side door. Often used for mounting convoy flags, is it also used for mounting a 50 cal machine gun ring mount. Here, courtesy of fellow MVer Mike Wee from Hawaii, is a photo of the mount with "Ma Deuce" in place on a nice Deuce!

Attachments

jasonjc

On the back they use 4 big "U" bolt in that go thought doubler on both sides of the back of the cab. If you plan on shotting the ma deuce there is a reinforcement kit that you need to add to the inside of the truck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There is absolutly no feeling like sending a few thousand rounds downrange from "Ma Duece". 8) We took one with a ring mount out when I was at Fort Benning and fired off 5000 rounds shooting at various targets (unfortunatly some of them were trucks). I still get a stiffy thinking about it. :shock:

hot rod deuce

HOW THAT is how to do things! I gotta get me one a them! I wish the semi-auto M2's were not so high priced

I have heard even with the extra parts it aint a good deal, What would happen if you mounted it to the truck frame, after all its like 500 ponds of stuff or more. I would kina think the driving around with it would be just as hard on it. But then again even a dummy would probably get you locked up now days.

rmgill

Depends on where. Down here in Ga noone bothers me in my armored car with a dummied up looking MG barrel in the turret. Several other folks down here drive their jeeps around with M1919s and M60 dummies mounted. Worst they get is an inquiring from the cops and then are sent on their way. Usually, it's more on the lines of "is that real?" "No." "oh....darn, I like machine guns...:( "

readyman

HRD, wreckerman893,

Check the videos for a recent M2HB shoot from a deuce M66 ring mount. Ma Deuce on Deuce.
Might be one of our guys, I don't know. It's using an M3 bolt for a faster rpm.
Pay attention to how the ring mount tries to pull back with the recoil. And the way the truck gets pushed to the side by the recoil.
Linked tracer is only $120 a box at Sportsmans Guide! :)

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=4&fid=file&pid=37

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks