• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTH wheels are on my deuce?

ODdave

OK, so i bought these wheels and mounted 395's on them when i singled out my deuce. It was totaly a freak chance that i found them. I was going to look at a deuce trans in a truck a guy was scraping for the axles. Of corse the trans was junk and i was dissapointed but insted of leaving empty handed we struck a deal on the wheels from it. He had NO idea on anything on the truck other than the axles he wanted and i had never seen these wheels before.
I have been told they are DUKW wheels or m135 combat wheels. Now just recently i have been told that DUKW wheels are 18in, So they cant be that right? Then i am also told by the same person that m135's never had combat wheels !!!!!

WHAT THE **** DID THESE WHEELS COME FROM ??????

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks like DUKW wheels to me. if so they should have a date stamped into them. 194? most likely

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have to respectfully disagree, gimp. There are too many bolts on the wheel perimeter to be the canadian mlwv. Those bolts also look to be too small diameter. Also, the center hub is too rounded.

They are either some super rare wwII combat wheels for towed artillery, or they are custom homemade.

Last edited:

ODdave

I would have to respectfully disagree, gimp. There are too many bolts on the wheel perimeter to be the canadian mlwv. Those bolts also look to be too small diameter. Also, the center hub is too rounded.

They are either some super rare wwII combat wheels for towed artillery, or they are custom homemade.
They are DEFINATLY NOT home made. the centers are rivited in and they had steel rings inside for the beadlocks.

Do not hold me to it but it but i may have seen motor wheel stamped into them somewhere. I have looked at so many wheels i cant remember.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For sure they are M34 Reo combat rims. Would have had 11.00-20 NDCC tires mounted originally. Only the first few thousand 1950-51 M34's had these rims, as they were too expensive for Uncle. Today they are as rare as hen's teeth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks