• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What gauge of wire is the glowplug wiring harness?

linx310

I want to replace my glow plug connectors with spade plugs so I can use my AC Delco 60gs.

After work I am going to run to the hard ware store and pick up some insulated female spade connectors.

Does any one know the wire gauge size so I can purchase the correct spade connectors?

14 gauge?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have been here long enough that you should be able to figure this out yourself....;-)

From the glowplug wiring diagram in the tech manual appendix E-7 or F-7

the wires are listed as .8 GRN-509(E-H).

Using the cheat sheet at the first part of the Troubleshooting Section of TM 9-2320-289-20 manual, it tell you that the wire is a:

18 gauge Green fusable link (heavy walled silicone over cross linked polyethylene

So to asnwer your question, the wires are 18 gauge.

Attachments

linx310

Yea I saw that first page (wiring diagram). I did not know the table existed to tell you what gauge it is and what the .8 stuff was.

Learn some thing new every day....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks