• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Service Done dates

Milbikes

I notice that my M1008 has stenciled inside the hood "service done 6-06" and there is also the date 6-06 in the fender wells. How extensive would that service have been? I took a look at my injector pump, and it appears to be new, and has a casting date code of '05. I am thinking that if the pump was made in 2005, it took a while for the pump to get through the supply chain, so maybe it was put on during that 6-06 service? Just pondering. H.

If there are any Army mechanics out there correct me if I am wrong, but it would be a -20 level service...I.E all fluids changed, bearings service/replaced, (possibly your injector pump if found during the PMCS). It would just have a thorough 20 level PMCS done on it, and things would be replaced accordingly.

I know when we turn in vehicles for service with the exception of our tanks, that is what usually happens to the 998s and 1025s.

JUNKYARDJOHN

When I got my M1009 back in aug. I was under it changing the oil & saw the date scrawld on the filter. It said 4-17 & I thuoght... great... only a few months. Then I Turned it a little & noticed it said 4-17-06. But the miles were written there too, & it was only a couple of hundered miles since the last oil change. all is good :D John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks