• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy with a 1968 M35A2

counterfit97

Hello everyone, I am a proud new owner of a 1968 M35A2. I am picking it up today. I do know that the front diff pops out and thank's to this site I have a direction of what to look for. Just wanted to say hello to all and im sure you will be hearing from me more as I start working on this great machine.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome , TM's are available for free download at www.jatonkam35s.com download them and print a copy off to carry with you this will take some time and alot of ink but is well worth it . Also read all of them .

treessw

Welcome!!!! Good luck with the recovery and remember that when you get back with it to update the thread because.....nopics

sorry had to do it,

counterfit97

Just got it home, a cool 52mph down the interstate. I will have pic up tomorrow. I am from Bunker Hill West Virginia, its about 20 mins west of Harpersferry Wv in the Eatern Panhandle.

counterfit97

kinda was wondering what front diffs pops out means too... :) and what was the reasoning for wanting this... ?
The front wheels dont lock in when going forward, they might for a second and then you hear a pop and they stop digging but works fine backing up. As far as why I got it, I just have allways wanted one and from tiem to time we get blasted with a couple big snows and where I live I get stuck at my house for a few days till some farmers come threw breaking track.

counterfit97

Does it have a air switch on the dash for the front axel ?
I dont belive so, from what I have read so far this has the trans case everyone takes out to and repalces with the air type. Still reading up on names of things and issues with certain M35A2. So for now Im not going to ask silly sounding questions like a noob. I have not tryed any kind of climbing or anything with it yet to see how it acts, only went by what previous owner said.

paradeduty

Cool Pictures - Got to love dogs in military trucks - just kind of looks right.

Try once and a while to get my dogs up in any of ours, but its not often enough to make them comfortable with it. Too much work to pay for toys - not enough quality time at home. Shame on me.

counterfit97

Cool Pictures - Got to love dogs in military trucks - just kind of looks right.

Try once and a while to get my dogs up in any of ours, but its not often enough to make them comfortable with it. Too much work to pay for toys - not enough quality time at home. Shame on me.
I agree with that. It was like a natural reaction, gotta take some pics and must have the dog involved. Its gonna take her alittle bit to get use to the noise I belive but once she was in there she was ready to roll.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks