• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is This The Correct Bed For My Truck?

paulfarber

The pics are very dark.. but I didn't see the tell tale flange in the corner.

As for the tie downs do you have any specific into regarding what beds had what type (stamped/wire)?

My composite bed has wire loop, my wooden be has stamped. My 1/4 ton trailer and ben hur also have stamped.

As for post war, a good tell for post war trucks are the stake pockets. If they have the drain hole they are either post war or modified during the war... There is a field mod for it in Army Motors that was supposed to be done... and new beds were stamped at the factory.

It was to prevent the seat stakes from getting jammed up with mud an rust.

My composite bed has the holes in the bottom of the pocket (factory mod) but not the sides cut out (field mod).

And its not a good idea to ignore my posts :) You *will* learn something

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks