• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 CYL. liquid cooled, turbocharged air compressor

motomacguyver

The Air compressor on an M35A3 is driven directly off of the engine. It is Liquid cooled, twin cylinder, Turbocharged unit; meaning that the air intake for the compressor is after the intercooler radiator. I’m not sure if it is single stage or two stage, however with my max psi at the air gauge of 150, I’m thinking a single stage?

My question is, does anyone know of the air output specs? In terms like a “normal” air compressor is rated (CFM @ 90psi @ X RPM). Yes I know it will vary with engine RPM. Some type of chart would be nice!

Thanks in advance.

Bighurt

The original compressor is Caterpillar #4P-5435, I'm not sure who made the compressor. I'm pretty positive that is was not Caterpillar.

You maybe able to find a replacement part info through a Cat dealer, however it's probably not used on current modals so the only info you may get out of them is price.

I do know a company called S & S Truck parts, INC, sells a compressor under the "New Star" label these are new-outright-no core charge replacement compressors. Their part # for this replacement unit is S-13761.

You can get a hold of them toll free at 1-800-621-1553, I would ask for sales and continue to bother people till they gave me the answer. I'd do this for you but they are closed...LOL

I can only speculate on the output rate as being that the compressor both Cat and New Star were designed for over the road trucks. They will be required to meet standards in air pressure build rates. Every state may have different standards however the base rate is typically 85-100 PSI within 45 seconds at 1500 rpm.

I would also agree these units are twin cylinder single stage pumps.

Hope that helps somewhat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks