• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lug nuts for rear with super single???

Hooty481

what kind of lug nut configuration are people running with the hemmtt wheels with the bolt in plate on the rear of their Deuce.

I put a washer on the stud so the lug nut wouldn't bottom out then the bud nut. then the wheel and then the outter lug nut. I was just wondering if anybody had done this before or if i was the only dumbass to try it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What purpose does the washer serve? Is it on the stud or bud nut? You want to make sure the back of the wheel and the drum are flat against eachother so you don't snap your wheel studs. If the washer is between the wheel and the drum, TAKE IT OFF!

KsM715

Gimp is right. Take the washer off, dont use the thimble (budd nut) and get the same lugnut that is used on the front.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, I've been using the bud nuts to hold my rear tire/rim on for a long time. Just remove the washer.

KsM715

Sorry gimpyrobb, I was thinking putting the thimble on first then the wheel then the lugnut. (like some have been doing on the fronts). You are correct, wheel then budd nut will work just fine.

Gimp, how many times have you had someone (non-MV owner) ask you how your wheels stay on with out a lugnut? :razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks