• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-12 Brakes?

Clip

Does anyone know how to access the brake drums on both the front and rear axles of the WC-12? I've gotten the tire off, removed the six nuts from the flange and that's all the farther I got. Anyone have any ideas?

Knucklehead

I had a WC-1 a few years ago and IF I remember correctly the axle was held in place by lock cones. Clean the area under the flange nuts and see if it looks like a very tight lock washer is recessed there. If so , take a very large sledge hammer and strike the center of the flange. I do not mean a small hammer,10 lbs. at least. Also strike the flange with a lot of force.The axle should rebound and the cones will start to pop out. Like I said IF I remember correctly on that series of truck. You may have to strike the flange several times.