Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Putting Straight Vegetable Oil Directing into Tank of M35A2

Corporal
    Thanks

Default Definitions

IP is injector pump and coking is buildup.

Thanks

I am wondering if any of you guys that are out on the road with your trucks have ever been checked to see if you are burning the low sulfer diesel fuel. I would love to burn our used motor oil, but our trucks are used for municipal use; I can't take a chance on ending up on the front page of the newspaper as some kind of illegal polluter.

Thanks

Veggie oil is very low in sulfur. I can see headlines about airborne transfats though. . . Seriously, some of the motor oil on the cylinder walls is generally burned in the combustion process so it shouldn't be that bad. IIRC a bit of oil is supposed to be added to the fuel tank for lubrication purposes anyway.

Thanks

Any body run hydralic oil mixed with diesel and can anything be hurt if the FDC is bypassed?
    Batteries are like women. If you don't pay attention to them every now and then, they go away!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kipman
    Any body run hydralic oil mixed with diesel and can anything be hurt if the FDC is bypassed?
    yup. I put my old dextron in my tank. but you need to be very picky when using it. it can have some very bad stuff in it for sure and some of it wont filter out. old clutch material can ear out an IP very quickly.
    M1114 W/W
    XM818 W/W
    M35A2 W/W .69 OD GEARS
    M270A1

Waller performance owner/builder
    http://www.wallerperformance.com

Thanks

would you prefer used hydralic instead?
    Batteries are like women. If you don't pay attention to them every now and then, they go away!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sermis
    ATF ??? Can it be used stright or does it need to be mixed with diesel?

I don't know that I would use ATF in any great volume. ATF has a lot of detergents in it and they can tend to clog and coat things when it is burned.

I did a lot of research on the different oils that could be burned when I converted my 85 Mercedes diesel to burn WVO. It was the opinion of a lot of people that ATF should be avoided.

Jason

Private
    Thanks

On warm days you should be able to run on straight SVO. During cooler days add Kerosene, increase the K to SVO based on temperature.

Installing a loop from the coolant exiting the engine to a coil in the tank and back to the bottom of the radiator will help keep the SVO hot enough to run.

One trick would be to add a 5 or 10 gallon diesel tank to the mix and the ability to start on diesel and then switch to SVO (with the ability to switch back to diesel befor stopping) will make things much easier and cheaper.

I have 80G miles on SVO in a GMC Suburban.

forbey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jag7720 View Post
    I don't know that I would use ATF in any great volume. ATF has a lot of detergents in it and they can tend to clog and coat things when it is burned.

I did a lot of research on the different oils that could be burned when I converted my 85 Mercedes diesel to burn WVO. It was the opinion of a lot of people that ATF should be avoided.

Jason
    Since 2008 there has been a great deal more exploration of burning waste oils in diesel engines. It turns out that WATF is the good stuff that many want to burn, because it will burn in most diesel engines without thinning or heating or modification.

WVO, on the other hand, can be burned two-tank as described above, or it can be thinned with gasoline at 20% and that blend can run on most diesel engines year round down to about 0F (-18c), as long as the WVO is canola oil, and the blend is made properly.

Thanks

During the summer, I will run super heavy on wvo or wmo, or combo blend. By this time of the year, I try to get as low as possible on the tank and flush with straight winterized blended fuel. Not that I drive my truck much in the winter, but in case I do need to fire up and run, I have a fuel to get started and run on.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast