• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this wire

Iamnewatthis

Any one know what this is.
both the sticky on GP controller and the card say "relay" on it.
It is not the small blue wire that is on the small post on my GPR.
This big blue wire is not connected to anything and it is in the same bunch as
the wires that go to the temp switch/relay/control card.

Also truck now starts that i have done manual glow plug ground switch.
And it still stalls out when driving, when stopping, sometimes when i put it in reverse.
This after new IP, injectors, fuel pump, control card, etc etc.
anyway here is the wire in question.

and after i untapped it;

bushhawg73

Does anyone know if this wire receives 12V when the key is turned on in a M1008. If so I would like to use it for the 12V feed for an electric fuel pump when I add one. Thanks for the help.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if this wire receives 12V when the key is turned on in a M1008. If so I would like to use it for the 12V feed for an electric fuel pump when I add one. Thanks for the help.

It does not receive anything in the M1008 or M1009 series trucks. Only the M1010.

Just a wire to nowhere. The dash wiring harness doesn't have the corresponding wire.

I guess you could add a wire to the 6-plug connector and then use it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Holitik

So glad you asked. That "loose" wire to nowhere has been on my list for some time. I am beginning to think that Warthog would know the flavor of the gum stuck under my dash.;-)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So glad you asked. That "loose" wire to nowhere has been on my list for some time. I am beginning to think that Warthog would know the flavor of the gum stuck under my dash.;-)
It is Bazooka brand. Started its life out as pink. It may be a brownish color by now....:-D

Attachments

Last edited:

Holitik

LMAO. Just gave it a taste. Pretty sure you are right.

Bushhog, I initially wired my fuel pump to the accessory port to the left of the 30 amp flasher fuse. This port is ignition on hot. Later I added a few more items and it became crowded, so I added an aux fuse block with a 75 amp Taurus fan relay. I use the same wire to trigger the relay. Seems to work well. No fires yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks