• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Key for US 5200 Locks on M1009

rgguin

Since there is a key question out there, I thought another one might be in order. Like most CUCV's mine had a chain welded to the drivers seat and two nice locks to chain and lock the steering wheel. This was due to the ignition keys being the same on all of them.

My question is does anyone have access to a key that wil fit a US American Lock 5200 lock? A locksmith told me I could buy two nice locks for what he would charge me to pick them and make me a key. Was the 5200 a standard key?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
To the best of my rusty recollection the 5200 series was a supply room issued lock. There was no "one key fits all" padlock. I think that in the case of arms rooms you could get a set of locks that could be opened by one key but they were special items. If there were two locks on your truck it may have be so the two locks could be hooked together and either one opened (by different keys) to allow the vehicle to be operated. Hope this helps.

jasonjc

The 5200 can be keyed alike but not across the hole fleet. You can have them rekeyed. I know my pltoon SGT. volunteen my to rekey the supply room one day and it took me most of the day to take them all apart sort the pins and reasslemble the all. Back to your ?? no there is no one key for them If it has a key code you mite be able to get a key thought??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A5200GL is a son of a gun to pick. Chop it off and buy another one. I had a stash of them but sold a good many and my wife helped herself to a few too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks