• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where is the best place to title a humvee

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjramrod

paperwork

What I received in paperwork is a notorized bill of sale from the state of Louisiana parish of Beauregard. I also received a notorized act of donation as I also did some trading.

Chief_919

What I received in paperwork is a notorized bill of sale from the state of Louisiana parish of Beauregard. I also received a notorized act of donation as I also did some trading.
Thats, for the most part, worthless in most states.

I could type up a bill of sale for any truck and have someone notarize it. Unless you have a title or registration in the sellers name proving he owns it, there is no legal proof he had title to the property.

Good luck. Whoever sold you that truck screwed you by not providing proper paperwork.

In NC you would have to go the route of a bonded title, and that would mean buying a bond, proving you legally own it, having the DMV inspect it and hoping they don't have any issues with it and how you got it....

You will have to see if NY has a similar program.

jjramrod

Didn't really realize that's all I had gotten. Hadn't really looked at the paperwork since I got it untill now. Was just to excited to have a real military humvee I guess. But no biggey ill figure something out. Even if I have to buy a titled body to get my title.

ryan77

If it was supposed to be destroyed then you have a illegal piece of us gov property? Not to sound like a square but they probably could confiscate it from u!!! You might have to buy a legal frame and tub with title and part yours out!!!

jjramrod

Can't be confiscated it was bought legally from the person that was supposed to demil it and it was demilled all parts destroyed have been replaced.
The place im refering to was a titling company

Chief_919

Can't be confiscated it was bought legally from the person that was supposed to demil it and it was demilled all parts destroyed have been replaced.
The place im refering to was a titling company
Unless tha framerails were torch cut or otherwise destroyed, it wasn't demilled.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I say you just go to the DMV yourself and try to talk to those people, forget abouut the titling company.

R Racing

I could be wrong, But I thought after something was demilled it could no longer be titled or registered as a operating truck ??? or at least not under its exsisting vin #

Chief_919

They were as well as the axles the differentials were destroyed I have the torch cut parts they have been replaced
Then what you really have is a parts built truck. When the frame was destroyed, for all legal purposes whatever VIN is on that dataplate belongs to a truck that was destroyed.

You have a parts built HMMWV, not an original. At best you might get some states to call it a salvage vehcile.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you got it and it was one of the early hummers auctioned before they stopped doing that, it would be an easy VIN search. BUT if it came from a parish that got one through GSA, they were supposed to turn it back in and it can't be sold. Whether you bought it or not, it CAN'T be legally sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks