• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spin on fuel filters

sellbooze

Any SS have the Jatonka spin on fuel filters? primary ir secondary ?
I am thinking about doing the conversion , but wanted to hear some opinions .

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking thru some of those install and questions about threads I see alot of comments like:

get the Jatonka spin ons.. You'll be happy you did.....

Spin on filters modernize the deuce. I have all of the jatonka filter adapters, oil, fuel primary and secondary on my trucks. I could not be happier. Instant oil pressure and no RUST in the fuel lines! I would not change oil again without putting them on. It is a world of difference.

I just installed my jatonka primary fuel filter spin on kit yesterday it took me all of 15 min. when I installed the new spin on filter, I filled it with fuel, bled it and also did not get any air bubbles. I love my new spin on kit! thanks john!

I have been running the jatonka secondary spin on fuel filters in both trucks now for about four months. The primary spin on was put on last August in the second truck and months before on the original truck.

The primary filter has made a huge improvement in the amounts of crud being removed. No more rusty cans. Doing its job well.

The secondary
fuel filters have not been a problem of any sort. No leaks means no problems to me. I will change them out next Spring to see what crud they have removed.

Over all I am highly satisfied with the systems and their performance.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still using the stock filters as I keep finding other stuff to spend my money on like a new alt, new wiring harness, new solar panels, etc. Jatonka's spin on fuel and oil filters are definately on my list of upgrades however.

randini

I just replaced my primary fuel filter (Jatonka) on Saturday. I wanted to be able and replace it "on the road" if needed. It wasn't hard, but would be more than I would like to do in the case of a breakdown. Hopefully I will never find out. It looks like a well made piece, that gives me comfort driving down the road

sellbooze

@ Bad_Carp , I know what you mean. I would like to do them all at once (oil,all 3 Fuel) but can only afford to do one at a time. Think I will start with Primary .

Akicita

I installed Westech's primary fuel filter last summer. The installtion took a while because I found it difficult to get the old bolts and nuts off my truck. I haven't lost one drop of fuel. The seal is tight. Replacing spin-on filters is going to be quick and easy in the future.

I just bought Jatonka's primary oil filter kit at Aberdeen but have not yet installed it. I heard from others who have installed Jatonka's kit that they haven't had any leaks either.

The picture shows the prim. fuel filter kit I bought, not the oil filter kit.

Attachments

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the primary both secondary and the oil filter with all Jatonka products, the work perfectly and John is a very good fellow to work with!
KK

rwminck

+1 on John, and I have all three of his on my Deuce and love them. There are few out there that make some good ones, but either way it is a great upgrade. I keep a spare for each filter in my tool box and a strap wrench and no worries. I can take the oil filters off with little mess, and just that is worth it too me!

dabtl

It is always fun to discover the new guys finding out how good the Jatonka spin on fuel and oil filters are. I have had them for years. No problems. Work great. Thanks JT.

nchittendon

+1 on John, and I have all three of his on my Deuce and love them. There are few out there that make some good ones, but either way it is a great upgrade. I keep a spare for each filter in my tool box and a strap wrench and no worries. I can take the oil filters off with little mess, and just that is worth it too me!
Changing them with little mess.......sounds good to me!

I have the oil filters, just need to upgrade the fuel now. High on the to do list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks