• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HF54 to Gamma Goat steering connection

JasonS

I'm working on doing the HF54 power steering conversion outlined by gringeltaube. I have an idea on how to mate the HF54 with the gamma goat column and would like to know if it seems reasonable.

It appears that the HF54 u-joint is the L600 series. Fixed and slip yokes are available in this series for 7/8" square shaft. I'd put the fixed end at the box and a slip joint at the column.

One of the HF54 boxes that I bought had the lower u-joint and a stub of 7/8" hex shaft from the old Ford steering column. The splined end (from the old u-joint) is a perfect fit for the gamma goat column. This leaves you with a 7/8" hex shaft at the end of the gamma goat. I'd use a hex shaft yoke to mate with the slip joint.

Any concerns with this plan?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks