• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Winch Hydraulic system Pressure? Can I add valve?

4sarge

I'm contemplating tapping the winch hydraulic system to power a dump on my deuce.

Thought I'd ask if anyone has checked the pressure of this system.

It looks as though another air operated valve could be stacked next to the winch valve, does any on have one to sell or a lead on one?

hoop

I have never checked the pressure, but then again I have never seen a hydraulic winch on a Deuce.
Edit...I see you have an A3.
Sorry

AceHigh

The pump specs are:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GPM 13 @1000RPM
Max RPM 3000
Inlet Port Sixe 1"
Rotation Counterclockwise
Max Pressure 3500PSI
shaft size 3/4 11 SPL
Outlet Port size 1" STR THD
Muncie POWER products, Inc
[/FONT]
Just need your specs for the lift system...

4sarge

After a 6 month break to work outside, we finally got back to this project.
Here are some pics:
Scissor Hoist
Diverter valve, hydraulic from winch control goes to hoist or winch. Controls in cab control either.
side view of plumbing
Rear hinges/ lowered bumpers.

Attachments

4sarge

Now some nitty gritty.
I picked a used hoist. Don't know if I'd do that again. This one is a monster, It should pick up anything I throw in the bed.
The cylinder at the rear hangs down below the top of the frame. To get enough clearance, I had to cut a notch in the cross member, nothing drastic, also had to lower the air dryer. The front of the hoist mounted to the truck frame over the rivets of another cross member. Had to make a shim with holes over those rivets, this brought the front of the bed up. Had to cut new wood for the bed to rest to the frame. I'm getting 41º of angle. This is as far back as I could mount this hoist.
Using the winch hydraulic? Stellar!! I bought a second air actuated valve and was going to go that route, hooking to the valve array and running air lines and another control in the cab. With the diverter, the dump works with the existing winch controls in the cab.
When I need the winch, since I have to get out to run cable, divert the flow to the winch, and the controls work as they should.
The bumpers on the back and the pintle are lowered. I need to finish the struts and bracing for this. Everything is bolted on, with the exception of boxing in the frame of the bed at the lift point.

IF I DID IT AGAIN, I would find a hoist that fit in better. (but might not be as heavy duty)
This is now a super Gator! Next project, firewood.

unispeed

Awesome Job! Diverter no thats stellar! I plan on doing it with a second air valve but you are right as lond as you don't dump over and need the winch to bring ya down that will be a tough sychronize..
Great job :beer:

4sarge

Thanks!
I did get a second valve assembly surplus from another member here that I don't need since I went with the diverter instead. Figured when I needed to winch, I got to get out to hook the cable anyway. Just flip the valve to winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks