• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waterloo OD Kit for the Spicer

flyusn99

I wanted to send out a big thank you to Tom Bauer at Waterloo Specialties (m-35tom) here on the site for all of his help and advice as well as for his phenomenal .69 overdrive kit for the Spicer 3053 transmission. This might sound a little like cheerleading but in all honesty the only negative thing I can come up with is the price, but you get what you pay for....
Having never torn a transmission apart it was a little daunting but Tom took time to explain in detail answers to every question I came up. Additionally, after goofing on the installation Tom sent me the parts necessary to get back on track, outstanding customer service in all facets.
The kit itself is also exceptional, the engineering involved is evident as soon as you pull the parts out of the box. The caged needle bearings (which are very small and very precisely manufactured seem very tight and fit snugly in under the 2nd speed gear. The only problem I had with the installation was not having the right tools on hand, which was alleviated after a trip to obtain a hydraulic press.
After the installation I haven't had an oppertunity yet to fully put it through its paces but what I DO know is with my 11x20 NDCC's I'm able to get 50mph at 1600-1700rpm on flat ground.....
Very happy all the way around. Just wanted to take the time to say thank you Tom!

James

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tom is good at what he does and knows a lot. If you consider your tires a "wear" item as you should, the gear set is not really that expensive when considering a set of 395s. I will get a set(of gears) one day, just need to find the cash.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get a set too... O wait, already have one! Did a joyride the other day, and was split-shifting the truck for the fun of it... Does it so much nicer with the taller 5th gear.

Now if only my truck look as nice are yours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks