• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715's Good or Bad ??

91W350

We used rocker panels for a full sized Cherokee Chief to fix ours, just cut off the excess. They were much cheaper to buy and much easier to find. The floor I swiped out of another 715 that we used for parts. As I recall, there are some doubled overlaps and spot welded areas that are hard to get right. Mine had some serious rust in the driver's floor only, probably salt from the boots of the firemen that used it to plow snow in all the city driveways where it came from.

Atomic

Good catch. :shock: Yeah, if the guy calls me back I'll pressure wash the stew out of it and then rattle can it so I won't get crap from you guys when I post pics. :)

rudedog

Im a little behind on threads but my m715 went from stock to 12v to 327/th350 to 350/ th400 to 427 /th400 on drive train . The suspension got 2in of lift and 44inch rubber frame off on the body new aluminum rad and gas tank then came the body mods. Got tired of buying tops so fabricated a hard top and hard back. Next will be 50cal and gun ring and a crane it all in what you like i have had m35s m151 but still cant get rid of the m715 just looks mean.

Attachments

rudedog

thats right the 44inch rubber helps with the gear ratio plus motor is balanced and blueprinted that lets it turn up a little more. I have a set of 21/2 axles but with that ratio i would have to go to the 56in and find a overdrive system

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks