• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman and Elmo AL to NE

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Me and my little furry buddy will be leaving AL at O'dark thirty Monday morning enroute to ZiggyO's new LZ in NE.

I will be dropping off REBROWN's van trailer in Mount Vernon, IL and continuing on to REB87's place in Nebraska to drop off a ROPS and pick up a trailer.

Once I drop the trailer in IL I will be able to pull a pintle trailer or a 5th wheel trailer westbound.

The intent of this trip is to get BIGHURT's truck and trailer to ZiggyO's place where he willl meet up with me to claim his M915.

If anyone on the route needs something moved I will do it for some fuel money. Any funds generated will help cover the cost of the trip for BIGHURT.

My route from IL will be I-64 west to St. Louis to I-70 west to Kansas City to I-29 north, once in Iowa I will hit HWY 2 west to Lincoln and pick up I-80 to the 353 exit (Hwy 81) and up to REB's place.

If you are along this route and need a trailer moved let me know.

I would also appreciate come contact numbers if anyone is available for emergency assistance.

Me and Elmo thank you for your support.

zout

Here is a small list for Elmo's pleasure:

"I can't drive 55"
"I'm in a hurry to get things done - oh I rush and rush till life's no fun"
"Running down the road trying to loosen my load"
"East bound and down"
"Highway to Hel*"
"By the time I get to Phoenix"
"Homeward Bound"
"Highway Man"

and especially for WM
"King of the Road"

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
No grass grows under wreckerman.

He's busier in retirement than he was when he worked!

KsM715

Shoot, I wish I would have known you were coming up this way. I would have been bidding like crazy on stuff from AL.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a Deuce in Chyenne I need picked up and delivered in Michigan if you could swing it. I am patient. I will hit you off way better than fuel money...
I am meeting BIGHURT in NE and he is taking the truck back to ND.

Me and Elmo are flying home from Omaha.

One trip at a time is about all I can stand.

Alredneck

Banned
Be safe MSG, if you get into trouble, I will be in north IL towards the latter part of the week getting my two dump trucks, and a set of skid steer tracks. Goodluck!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
wreckerman893 you better check with MoDot and Iadot I-29 has been closed due to the muddy mo flooding . It has been closed from St Joe Mo all the way up into Iowa.
Interstate 29 - Closed to all traffic (northbound/southbound) at mile marker 110. Traffic is being diverted at Exit 110 to US 136.
Warning

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I told him this the other day, closed both side of 80 (I-29s and I-29n)

Blood_of_Tyrants

Here is a small list for Elmo's pleasure:

"I can't drive 55"
"I'm in a hurry to get things done - oh I rush and rush till life's no fun"
"Running down the road trying to loosen my load"
"East bound and down"
"Highway to Hel*"
"By the time I get to Phoenix"
"Homeward Bound"
"Highway Man"

and especially for WM
"King of the Road"
Don't forget "Sweet Home Alabama" for the return home.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I checked some DOT websites and I have adjusted my route to avoid flooded areas.

Looks like I may run 70 west into Kansas past Topeka and then cut north on the two lanes till I pick up Hwy 81 north. That will take me into Nebraska and on to REB87's.

There are alternate methods for removing the pelt of the feline mammal...there is, however, no way to make him relish the process. :mrgreen:

KsM715

You can take I-70 to Salina (Glen-91W350's AO) turn north and run 81 straight up to Reb87's. Going north is 70mph till the Neb border but it is not busy at all.

Edit: When is this trip taking place? I'm about 15 miles north of I-70 between hwy 99 and 177

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

My inlaws live in Iowa, I dont envy you one bit. I hate driving up there. Corn pigs, corn pigs, oh wait a soybean field, and now back to corn and pigs corn and pigs. lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks