• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Power Washer Sale - Ridgid

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking for a power washer to use as a sand blaster, hate the dust, I was in Home Depot yesterday and they have changed out their displays, one of the changes is the Ridgid 3000 psi washer, retailed for $599 I got it for $400! It has a Subaru 6 horse engine and a cat triplex pump, all really good options! There is only one per store so if you are in the market this is a top ranked machine!
James

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to get it running tomorrow, then I start looking for a good sturdy sand blaster attachment, I have a pot, I just need the wand attachment.

Stalwart

The pressure is good for such a small unit but I SUSPECT you'll be lacking the needed flow (in GPM) to have it work efficiently. I could easily be WRONG!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's rated at 2.6 gpm @ 3000psi, I have a friend who uses an electric at 1600 psi and his does pretty well with less flow, I will know for sure as soon as I find a decent sandblasting attachment.

goldneagle

The pressure is good for such a small unit but I SUSPECT you'll be lacking the needed flow (in GPM) to have it work efficiently. I could easily be WRONG!
When I used to do commercial painting I had a 3000 PSI Belt dive pressure washer that had 3 rpm flow. I used a rotary 0 degree tip to strip flaking paint off of block walls. The unit had a 13HP Honda Engine.

Stalwart

I use a rotary tip on my 3000 psi 6 gpm unit, sometimes it wants to suck the supply hose flat. Mine uses a gear reduction unit rather than belts, it makes it a bit smaller. They don't seem to make them any more, belts and pulleys are cheaper than gearboxes.