• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061 parts resources in PA/NY area

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a M1061 trailer (Ebay auction!!!) and am seeking a source for a pair of tires and rims.

The trailer is in Pittsburgh PA and I am located on the opposite end of the state in Cochecton, NY, right on the Delaware river. Any leads or recommendations for obtaining used wheel assemblies at hobbyist pricing are appreciated.

Additionally I am be seeking transport of the trailer to Cochecton, NY 12726 before the Gilbert event. Again, I appreciate any assistance in finding a solution to move the trailer out east.

In the meantime I will post an ad on Uship and on this forum in the transportation section.

Thanks all,

Rick

gunboy1656

You bought that trailer on ebay that is missing a wheel? If that is the correct one, it is NOT an M1061. it is a trailer from a water purification unit.

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You bought that trailer on ebay that is missing a wheel? If that is the correct one, it is NOT an M1061. it is a trailer from a water purification unit.
That's the one. No wonder the price was so low. got any links to the specs on what I purchased? NSN? TM's?

Thanks,

Rick

mikey

WOW. I was looking at 14 acres undeveloped on the Deleware last fall. It was in Damascus right at the end of rt 371. I think I could have thrown a rock to you if I bought that.

I also had my deuce at the East Branch fireworks this July 4th.

I go to Kublos Surplus in Brackney, PA for just about everything. I'm not sure if he has what you need, but give him a call. He has never let me down.

Mikey

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the heads up gunboy, I can already see it. The water purification trailer has wheel fenders above the height of the deck.

Both trailers are 5 ton capacity. I'll have to evaluate the utility of this purchase and either retain it for use or re-sell it if those raised fenders are an issue.

Rick

gunboy1656

Sad part is when I was looking for a mule hauler last year I was hunting for one of those trailers, and could not find one. Right now we are using an M105 as the mule hauler and this one shows up this close to me.

I hate my luck sometimes.

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...... it is NOT an M1061. it is a trailer from a water purification unit.
Having paid more attention to the photos and followed gunboy's leads, I have identified the trailer NSN: 2330-01-226-0709

However, unlike other trailers, this platform does not seem to have it's own TM's. Instead the trailer operations are covered in the water purification TM. At least as far as I have found.

Does anybody have better resources for access to an electronic or hard copy of the maintenance TM's?

Thanks,

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks