• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for an alternative way to Identify Generator Pulley from Cat 3116

Glenssurplus

I have been trying rather unsuccessfully for the better part of a week to locate the following Pulley.

#RCSK14567 / 12448647 / 3020-01-412-1126.
This pulley is from the Generator / Alternator found on the Cat 3116 in an M35A3.

I have checked with civillian companies, and the shaft that they are showing for the generator is a tapered shaft, while the one on my Cat 3116 is a straight keyed shaft.

I checked with the military parts sites, and they don't carry it. I have checked with Salvage yards, and the ones who do pull generators don't have one, I would assume, that's because there probably aren't too many A3's sitting in salvage yards.

So now, I'm trying to find another way to identify this pulley. I have gone through the run around with the ISO companies, and they don't give much information that I could identify it by, and they aren't interested in helping me track down a single item. The RCSK # and the NSN number aren't leading me towards any type of Civilian model #, which leads me to wonder if this is only a Mil Spec Only item.

Is anyone familiar with this pulley, or know of a good cross referencing tool to help me find a more "common" number?

EDIT:
The generator is model # 10929868 / 2920-00-909-2483
I have both parts in front of me, and can provide pics if need be for reference.

I'm unsure if the A3 upgrade kit used the same generator on all models. I would assume so, but then there is what you say about assume, and it seems doubly important when thinking about the government.

Last edited:

Glenssurplus

Great... :(

So far, I found one guy who knew immediately what I was talking about when I said "I'm trying to find this pulley for my M35A3...." and he said he wont have anymore for at least 3 weeks, if he gets any in then.

I wonder if a machine shop could fab one if I took them the one I have (which is all but ruined) and the tech specs I can find on the ISO sites....

Having this thing sit here broken down for 3 weeks is not an option that my boss is going to find acceptable.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested to see a picture or 2.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom from CSI in Tallapoosa GA can order from AMG. I would think CAT would have it or be able to get it as long the person you talked to knew what he was doing. You tried Memphis, White Owl and Clark Trucks????

Glenssurplus

I don't believe that I have heard back from Memphis or White owl, but Clark said they didn't have the part. I could be wrong, and I could have gotten "sorry" back from Memphis or White Owl (I don't think there are too many places we haven't called or emailed yet)

Attached are 3 pics of the Pulley. I have a few picks are "part" of the generator, but they are currently working on it, so I'm not sure how much of it I actually have in front of me.

A Quick FYI: I'm not a gear head. I'm a computer guy who works for a surplus company, who has absorbed knowledge of the trucks through working on the website / network / etc... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the trucks, but If it gets too technical, it might take me a minute to get a reply, since I will have to go ask someone who knows more than me :)

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part # RCSK14567
NSN # 3020-01-412- 1126

Spec's:

NAMEITEM NAMEPULLEY,GROOVE ABGAGROOVE DEPTH0.034 INCHES NOMINALABGFGROOVE WIDTH0.494 INCHES NOMINALABHEOUTSIDE DIAMETER3.162 INCHES NOMINALABHPOVERALL LENGTH1.230 INCHES NOMINALABRRKEYWAY WIDTH0.127 INCHES NOMINALABXVBORE DIAMETER0.670 INCHES NOMINALADGEBORE LENGTH1.230 INCHES NOMINALAEVFDISTANCE FROM CENTER OF BORE TO BOTTOM OF KEYWAY0.418 INCHES NOMINALAGAVEND ITEM IDENTIFICATION2320-01-383-3850AGGSV GROOVE ANGLE IN DEG40.0ANNQMATERIAL AND LOCATIONIRON, DUCTILE OVERALLAQPLFACE WIDTH1.092 INCHES NOMINALARJDDESIGN FORMPLAINASBPBORE TYPESTRAIGHTAWJQBEARINGSNOT INCLUDEDAXHQGROOVE QUANTITY7AXNDCOUNTERBORE FEATURENOT INCLUDEDBSGGKEYING FACILITYINCLUDEDBSGKKEYING FACILITY TYPEKEYWAYBSYGSPLIT HUB FEATURENOT INCLUDEDBXSJLIGHTENING HOLENOT INCLUDEDBXSKINTEGRAL COOLING VANENOT INCLUDEDBXSMGROOVE SHAPEVBYDSBORE FEATUREINCLUDEDBYDZPROTRUDING HUB CHARACTERISTICPLAINBYZDHUB END OUTSIDE DIAMETER AND LOCATION1.000 INCHES END ANY ACCEPTABLEBYZFDISTANCE FROM OUTSIDE FLANGE/RIM TO HUB END AND LOCATION0.138 INCHES NOMINAL AA ENDNMBRQUANTITY1STYLSTYLE DESIGNATORPLAIN

Tom at CSI is your best bet to order a new one $78 according from Webflis. Made by AMG.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure you already did this but, I get some info just doing a Google search for "M35a3 alternator pulley".

autigers35a3

Would you not want to change out complete unit instead of just the pulley?
With my luck I would replace just the pully and then a week or so late the thing would stop charging!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks