• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1918 Schnieder beautification

m816Buch

Anyone have any photos of a 1918 Schnieder 155mm Howitzer in its WW2 military garb. Looking at one to restore for the Legion. Looking for number locations (if it had any), and star location (if it had any)

THANKS Buch

Oldfart

I looked at a US M1918 on long term static display up close and personal two weeks ago. Paint was cracked and peeling, but no sign of any markings. I assume it may have been repainted when it was put on display.

Oldfart

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8959527529778854742[/media]#

This is long, but there are some photos of Field Artillery Guns at Ft. Bliss circa 1941/42

Oldfart

There were differences between the US used French Schneider and the US manufactured under license M1918. Probably best explained in Wikipedia. I have been researching the subject for several weeks and I have yet to find a US manufactured M1918 depicted around WWII time frames with any markings. I continue to research.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks