• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door window weatherstrip question

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 813A1 window was cracked so bought a replacement window and decided to change the window weatherstrip at the sametime. I followed the TM - popped the 5 clips into the holes in the door with the weather seal (which is shaped kind of like a capital L). I assumed the "L" shaped item goes upside down with the rubberized side facing up or the base of the "L" rubbing against the window to keep water out of the door. Looks simple just lower the window in and it will bend the rubber down a bit but then the first time you crank up the window it should bend right up.

My problem is that when lowering the window into the door the window frame hits the weatherstip and as I push down on the window the weatherstip clips start to pull out of the door. It's like there isn't enough room to slid past the weatherstip. I already damaged one weatherstrip. Am I doing something wrong? It looks so simple. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks