• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gamma goat only goes Thirty Miles an hour..

Joe Gamma

I can not say definatly I know. The Governor actually has adjustment screws..One outside made the engine rev higher but no additinal speed..The second you had to take off a small cover and two bolts, just increased the idle rpm and nothing else...There is a third screw that I havn't the time to screw with, yet that may be the key which I believe is in the Govenor...

The real reason I stopped is I am replacing the steering box so I would not drive it faster now anyway...

I will find the diagram and send it to you if you pm me your e-mail...but I am away till monday.

Joe

goat whisperer

governor adjustment...

After I replaced the injectors I wanted to adjust the governor too to get the maximum out of the engine. By that time John Smith, a member of the yahhoo gama goat group, provided the instruction for adjustment to me, cause I had no idea how to do...

GOVERNOR ADJUSTMENT (by John Smith)

goat whisperer

yes....

Wow sounds complicated. I will have to walk through it before doing it. Thanks though.
it is complicated...but most important to get the maximum out of the DD 3-53.
I needed several days to adjust the governor. For testing you allways have to take the goat on the road and after the ride perhaps doing the work again...and again... After I finished my goat goes a little more than 60 mph

Joe Gamma

When I first got my Goat the old guys kept scaring me about 3-53's running away. I will probably leave that to the pros but would love a RPM indicator on the beast.

Joe C

Thanks again Ulf on the Governer Stuff...