• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915 headlight switch wiring?

green machine

Hello fellow 915ers.I've been searching hi and Lo for a picture or diagram of where the wires go on the back of a 915 headlights switch. Mine fell off and now I can't get em back on in the correct location.if someone could take a picture of the back of theirs or maybe a diagram I would greatly appreciate it. Much thanx.

Bighurt

There aren't any pictures of colored wire as the manufacture didn't use the same color wire throughout. You'll have to find the cable number and use the diagram. The cable is labeled ever 12 inches with it's number.

Mine's been re-wired but if I can find the old switch I'll take a photo and add some labels for you. I just can't remember off top of my head. Orange is hot 24v but that's all my feeble mind is mustering. Assuming you have the right colors.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No wire numbers?

green machine

Thanx guys for the help.I couldn't c any numbers on the wires it looks as if maybe they got hot or fell off and shorted out at some point. The plastic clip that holds all the wires together and snaps on the back is gone and it just had female wire ends on the end of each wire. The dash lights come on when I pull out the first notch but go out when the headlights come on at the second notch.

R Racing

sounds like a bad switch . did you play with the dimmer at all. It may have a bad spot . It works best all the way up or they get way hot otherwise.

Bighurt

The M915 standard switch is notorious for shorting out, and the jeep switch it uses is even weaker as a replacement part than the OEM. There are a few different options, wreckerman re-wired mine so he could use it and Dueceman51 has the mil procedure that adds a relay.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have problems with my switch as well. The headlight terminal melted the plastic around it that held the tab in, so it doesn't work now. It is some cheap replacement switch. Right now I have to open the panel and I wire the headlights to a spare hot and disconnect them when I stop. I have been looking for an aftermarket headlight switch with dimmer to replace it, then I was just going to put a relay in the headlight side so this doesn't happen again.

green machine

Think I got it figured out guys.thanx for all the help even the little things can sometimes be aggravating.Nice to know there's a place to come to for information, help, and opinions. Again much thanx.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks