• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best tire/wheel combination

man2112

Hey all,
I have been reading around lately, and I am looking in to buying a deuce soon. Just curious, what do you all think is the best wheel/tire combination? And what would be a good price for a set of four wheels/tires?

Thank you!

dilligaf13

It depends if you want show or go. The 395's are the easieast set up with no mods needed. With the proper wheels you can run 14.00's. 16.00r20's generally take a 4 to 8 inch lift to run correctly. What are you planning to use the bobbed deuce for?

samsimpson

I have 16.00R20 XZL's on USA 6x6 14" wide double beadlock wheels. They have a 7" backspacing (middle of wheel). I think they look good under the deuce. I see a lot of deuce setups that have too much backspacing (for the width of the wheel) and the tires look all tucked up under the truck. I dislike that look.

man2112

yeah, i am just looking to use the deuce to drive around occasionally, not a daily driver. I want to make it super singles with 2 axles instead of 3, but I plan on keeping the full sized bed, at-least for the mean time. Where is the place to get the best price on tires? And best price on wheels? Thanks!

samsimpson

The double beadlocks I have are two piece, each piece is basically a stock wheel with the split ring side cut off and new centers welded in. So basically 1 wheel consists of two stock wheels. I haven't looked yet, but if someone makes and sells the centers you could take your 10 stock wheels and make a set of 5 double beadlocks. Someday I will do this with all the stock wheels I have.

DeucesWild11

If you are looking for cost effective and a great look I picked up the 395's and had them mounted on stock rims which I heard is a bear to do if you haven't done it before and also can be quite dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. The guy I got them from does it all the time and never had a problem. I picked up 4 used 395's mounted on stock rims for about $1000.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks