• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 NP241 direct swap?

nudewheeler

Howdy Folks -

Quick question that was generated while trying to troubleshoot driveline vibrations.

Is the NP241 a direct drop in swap for the NP208 in an M1009?

Any need for:

• adapter plates
  • shifter linkages
  • crossmember modification
  • rubber mount modification
  • speedo cable modification

Is this literally a component swap with no other considerations?

May have the opportunity to pick one up locally with a SYE installed on it. More info to come. Doing homework/research first about the install.

To only major incompatibility appears to be the input shaft for most NP241s were 27 spline. JBconversions sells a 32 spline input shaft for the NP241 to mate with a TH400.

Thanks in advance.

nudewheeler

CUCVnut -
Thanks for directing me to your build thread. Nice truck. I've really gotta think about axles at some point.

Hey, I saw you referenced changing Tcase mounts. I wasn't quite sure what you were saying. I have an outstanding order from ORD for their BG01006 mounts. Are these compatible with an NP241 swap?

What other anchor were you referring to?

Are you able to post a link to an online vendor where you purchased both the 2108 and 2107 mount/anchors you referenced?

Thanks

nudewheeler

I found these parts on Orilley's auto parts. They look quite similar to the ORD poly t-case mounts. I am still curious what mounts (manufacturer or vendor) you used.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks