• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone tried to fit this pump in?

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto- I just bought one for a spare. When I get it I will give it trial fit and report on the fitment and the electrical connections.

deuceaid

Banned
Got my pump today. Pretty impressive unit! Now what to do with it?
Jerry:?:
On that note, it reminds me of something I ran across today.For those that might have messed up electrical connectors, I am guessing that this may be the same thing that fits these wonderful pumps,,,, I havent tried it, but in my book I think it is the same thing.......take a look....

Metal Shell Connector (Douglas Connector), 7760599

JasonS

On that note, it reminds me of something I ran across today.For those that might have messed up electrical connectors, I am guessing that this may be the same thing that fits these wonderful pumps,,,, I havent tried it, but in my book I think it is the same thing.......take a look....

Metal Shell Connector (Douglas Connector), 7760599
Not the same thing. You either need to use the original M35 wire with some means to hold the connector in the Parker pump OR adapt the bayonet connector that comes with the Parker pump to your M35 wire.

jamawieb

I purchased the pump about a month and it fits perfect. I used all the original wires instead of trying to splice in the harness that came with the pump. It makes a world of difference when starting.:-D

JasonS

You don't HAVE to splice the harnesses together. The stock/ original wire fite pretty tight into the parker pump. It may be fine as-is. I used the stock fuse.

What is the normal life of these pumps? (ie. how many for a lifetime supply)

leepotter

The wire going to my pump now is pretty crappy looking. If I splice into the wire to fix it would that be ok? I would use some of that heat shrink stuff to cover my repair.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone gets a chance it would be nice to see what the pressure it puts out.
Not sure what the pressure is but its the replacement pump for the Deuce and it seems to work wonders. I use a 4 amp low blow fuse and you can barely hear the pump run, unless your ear is next to the tank, its a very easy install and worth the money.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE Not sure what the pressure is but its the replacement pump for the Deuce

Thought someone said it was for a Bradley. Just want to know if it put out more than 4-7 lb. like the real Deuce pump as someone had said his starts better.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
pump fuel intank truck

pump fuel in tank truck deuce 24V
I got my truck, changed the fuel filters 07312012 and then the engine would not run anymore due to no fuel. So I got a 13000 pound lawn ornament. With the help of the SS members I got it fixed. The system was OK but when I opened it up and changed all the filters I broke the hydraulic lock from the dead in-tank pump to the engine IP. Having not enough money for an original pump and reviewing all the alternatives I tried the Bradley pump from ePay.
I had a dead pump, holed swelled + worn out hose, corroded away fuse box, frozen screws, etc. That thing could have been in there since '69 from the looks of it.

The TM says 3 to 7PSIG from tank pump out to the engine pump. This Bradley pump can put out 15PSIG (depending on fuel viscosity) so I devised a 6 micron filter arrangement then included a variable bypass back to the tank itself.
I hold 4PSIG to the IP thru the primary filter.
Also there is a test fitting there and one may put a 1/8" NPT gauge in there before going any further. Remove the fitting with an Allen wrench and put the gauge in and leave it there.

This is the best 50 bucks you can spend. That pump is rated 27VDC at 1400 pounds per hour.
Also as moderators say the search is your friend. It wasn't too long ago that we did not have a good search engine. There is lots of posts about the in-tank pump.
....And some pictures for the General.

IMG_0149.jpgfilterpumpjob IMG_0305.jpgIMG_0162.jpgIMG_0179.jpgIMG_0298.jpgfilterpumpjob IMG_0305.jpgpump.jpg

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Frank that PSI is what I was looking for all so just seeing if anyone is doing there homework or just slap and go without knowing who, what, when or where.
I search I search the Fridge for food.

welldigger

I don't see the new pump building 15 psi being a problem. At least not if you have modern spin on fuel filters. Good to know what pressure the Parker pump puts out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks