• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine swap

91W350

You will have to buy or build engine mounts and the transmission adapter. The 715 is pretty unique, nothing is really common on them.

bcowanwheels

best & most economicable swap for a m715 engine is a "stock" small block chevy. mating a jeep 360 to a t98 is going to take alot of engineering and its has to be extreamly precise or it will kill clutches, and eventually your engine because of miss alignment. runout is .005 to .012 max.
bob

fallen

Thanks I was trying to decide if I needed to get the engine out of the Jeep Ambulance, the ambulance body is shot with rust. I had a M715 but was very disappointed with it when i drove it, NO POWER. Can you advise what i would need to do for the small block chevy swap as far as engine mount and transmission thanks

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
30 to 40 years ago, local FD's were installing chev 350's w/chev trannies/xfers in their M715'sthat were convert3ed to tanker/brush trucks and hose reel trucks. Regardless of which engine you go to, the mounts will have to be changed. The 350's have more than enough power if you keep the M715 axles

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks