• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch Issue???

TODDK

Friday taking some scrap to the yard, we were going up big hill clutch starting slipping in 5th and 4th. Long story short.... I have no clutch at all. I can release the clutch and have nothing now. I am thinking the is no clutch disc left at all. Let me know what you guys think????

1972 5,245 miles

Seth_O

Do the rest of the gears work? Can you take off in first? If your clutch is out, you will likely have trouble getting through ALL of your gears. My tranny is tempermental, when the oil is cold I can't get it into 4th gear.

X2 on checking your linkages, there are measurements for proper runout in one of the TM's. Also check to make sure you have the correct amount of oil in the tranny. I have had my transmission in and out of the truck several times, and there are a lot of other things I would check first before I stripped it down to the clutch again.

Pop off the inspection plate on the bottom of the BH, I was surprised how much I could see through it. If you have a lot of disk material/dust in there, and can't get through any of your gears, be prepared for a full clutch job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks