• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manufacture Dates

willysmd

Hi Guys
Just for a bit of information, from what year were the M35's made from and when did they finish production, and I assume they started with the A1 until what?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The single rear wheel version, the M34, dates to 1949 - the M35 began in 1950. The "end" answer will vary - depending on whether you refer to U.S. military, or foreign sales vehicles. - US military production ended in 1987-88 (don't remember, and don't have my notes in front of me).....foreign sales a bit longer.

The sequence, with respect to the M35-type (longwheel base, dual rear wheels), conventional bed, was:

M35
M35A1
M35A2
M35A3 (no new builds, all rebuilds)

Note that the "A" suffixes vary with basic body type - a M109A3 won't have the same mechanical characteristics as a M35A3.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Re: RE: Manufacture Dates

DDoyle said:
The sequence, with respect to the M35-type ?LONG?wheel base, dual rear wheels), conventional bed, was:

M35
M35A1
M35A2

Note that the "A" suffixes vary with basic body type - a M109A3 won't have the same mechanical characteristics as a M35A3.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle
I added emphasis
Did you mean short wheelbase?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Manufacture Dates

BFR said:
DDoyle said:
The sequence, with respect to the M35-type ?LONG?wheel base, dual rear wheels), conventional bed, was:

M35
M35A1
M35A2

Hope this helps,
David Doyle
I added emphasis
Did you mean short wheelbase?
Nope Joel, I meant long wheel base - almost everyone gets this wrong. According to the Army, Reo and AM General - the M35 etc. are long wheel base trucks. The M36-series are termed by the same sources as extra-long wheelbase - while short wheel base trucks include some dumps, some tractors, and some bolster trucks.

Hope this helps,
David

westfolk

RE: Re: RE: Manufacture Dates

David, I was wondering. The one truck I gave you info on, the REO M109. The only thing that is 1952 is the dash. Other than that it is identical to another one I have that is a 1974 M109A3. What would you call that? A major rebuild?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

Joseph,
I deliberately have deleted information that would tie a specific vehicle to a specific person. If you'll resend me the serial number of the M109 - then I can answer your question.

Best wishes,
David

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

Joseph,
I deliberately have deleted information that would tie a specific vehicle to a specific person. If you'll resend me the serial number of the M109 - then I can answer your question.

Best wishes,
David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks