• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 winch mount and frame extenders

fkowalski1942

Hello All,
I´m looking for pictures and drawings for the frame extenders and winch mount, i´ve got a winch, but i need these parts to install the winch on truck, my truck is a 2.5ton M35.
Thanks for any help.

Best Regards

fkowalski1942

Ron,
I just need the pictures or drawings of these parts, it will be very expensive for me to buy and ship these heavy parts to my country, should i post in classified anyway?

Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch brackets and frame extensions

.........will be posting dimensions here, soon....
...... and here you go.

For anyone interested the original drawings are made in BMP format and are available via email, only.

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

jesusgatos

...... and here you go.

For anyone interested these drawings are made in BMP format and are available via email, only.

G.
Designing some winch mounts right now, and am finding all these dimensions really useful. Thanks G!

Wondering about the width between the winch mounting points. Looks like the way you've dimensioned these mounting brackets, they'll sit about 26" apart? The winches I have measure closer to 25.75" between the mounting surfaces. Are the winches shimmed, or do they squeeze the framerails together a little bit, or are my measurements off?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Designing some winch mounts right now, and am finding all these dimensions really useful. Thanks G!

Wondering about the width between the winch mounting points. Looks like the way you've dimensioned these mounting brackets, they'll sit about 26" apart? The winches I have measure closer to 25.75" between the mounting surfaces. Are the winches shimmed, or do they squeeze the framerails together a little bit, or are my measurements off?
No shims, and no squeezing the rails together.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...............Wondering about the width between the winch mounting points. Looks like the way you've dimensioned these mounting brackets, they'll sit about 26" apart? The winches I have measure closer to 25.75" between the mounting surfaces?....
Well, the dimensions were taken from brackets laying around... but still accurate.
Fact is that our winches are 25-3/4" wide, (+/- 1/16th). Now the distance between frame rails should be the same for all, at close to 28" but actual variations or call it tolerances are relatively high.

Yes, both winch end-housings are bolted directly to the brackets. And their correct separation when mounting all in place and tightening bolts is given through flexibility of parts combined with relatively large holes on the extensions (and brackets).

The drawing below more or less shows the possible deviations... (No Swiss watches here...:))

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:

Katahdin

Darwin T added the A3 lights to his A2.

I am continually impressed with gringletaube's drawings and knowledge, I think he needs to publish a M35A2 shop manual. I'd buy it!

Coincidentally I have the winch mounts on a paint rack. Here's a few pics. Hope it helps!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks