• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 headlight

zeisshensoldt

Basically, my deuce needs a new headlight. I read somewhere on here that the part number i needed was "4863" at napa. I went to napa and was told that the part number was "obsolete", but the man there said that part number "4800" (I think he said it's a 24v lamp) might work. Any ideas, on what headlight I need?

zeisshensoldt

I would guess it would be the same going by the #4800. Don't see any picture of the connectors when looking it up online at NAPA.
Well, he took the the 4800 lamp out of the box and it looks exactly the same as the one you sent me, except it didn't have the long wire extensions coming off the 3 prongs.

seabeeut

I have been buying all my parts from these guy's. FAST turn around decent pricing
Saturn Surplus (717) 692-9500, Mon-Wed: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST

Katahdin

Depending upon the condition of the dry rot, your old connectors may or may not be salvageable. But yeah, you can cut off the old connectors and crimp/splice them onto the new bulb wires.

In a pinch you can buy these quick-connectors at Wall Mart that crimp onto the wire. These fit the military quick connectors.

Attachments

zeisshensoldt

Depending upon the condition of the dry rot, your old connectors may or may not be salvageable. But yeah, you can cut off the old connectors and crimp/splice them onto the new bulb wires.

In a pinch you can buy these quick-connectors at Wall Mart that crimp onto the wire. These fit the military quick connectors.
Thanks! What is that called and where in walmart would it be?

Katahdin

I think they're just labeled quick connectors, at the Scarborough store they're over in the automotive corner in an aisle between the auto light bulbs and trailer wiring harnesses. They're about $2.50 for a set of 7 pairs.

hawkeyepoole

I found the bare headlights on line (somewhere) without the pigtails and cut and soldered the pigtails onto the new headlights. My pigtails were numbered and i put them back in the same place on the bulb so it matches up with the numberind on the truck. I believe I paid less than $20 for each bulb.

I think they're just labeled quick connectors, at the Scarborough store they're over in the automotive corner in an aisle between the auto light bulbs and trailer wiring harnesses. They're about $2.50 for a set of 7 pairs.
Make sure you get the ones for 14-16 gauge wires. The number on the package is 3838. They are called snap connectors on the package, and they are made by 3M.

LC

ajbird

Having a strabge problem I could use a hand with, thank you in advance ...my m35 headlights work perfect on high beam and the foot switch feels smooth and not binding ...problem is when I switch it to low beam both head light are very very dim. Any suggestions where to start? Both head lamp grounds are fine that i do know.

Kaiser67M715

Having a strabge problem I could use a hand with, thank you in advance ...my m35 headlights work perfect on high beam and the foot switch feels smooth and not binding ...problem is when I switch it to low beam both head light are very very dim. Any suggestions where to start? Both head lamp grounds are fine that i do know.
Does the high beam indicator stay lit? It may dim out, but if it stays lit, you need to swap ground and high beam wires. If the high beam indicator goes out, then you need to swap low beam and ground.

I don't know why, but some bulb manufactures switch the location of the tabs/wires. So sometimes plugging in a bulb causes more issues then nought.

All above is personal experience, I put halogen upgrade bulbs (h4) on my deuce, high and ground locations were incorrectly labeled, so my low beam was basically non existent.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as headlights go, stay away from the Chinese bulbs. I've had three fail. I have never had a Wagner NOS bulb fail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks