• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with an air conditioner.. what is it?

n3uka

I recently picked up a:

Air Conditioner Horizontal Compact, 9000 BTU/HR
208 volts, 3 phase, 60 HZ
NSN 4120-01-193-4998

Any help on what it was meant for, pubs on it and
where to find the missing components if I were to try and
set it up. Looks like it is missing the controller?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Attachments

derby

I don't know anything about it,but could it be for an expandable shop or command center ? 208v 3 phase?will be hard to hook on houshold power.you will need a converter.the missing controler could be a remote cable connector.just a guess

ida34

Mobile field hospitals use air conditioners in the inflatable tent complexes they use. This may be one of those. This is a guess at best.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to be an end item from the TSC-60 radio shelter, S250 sort-of. Had it mounted on a set of slides so you could push it in when transporting.

Had 6 of them some time ago. Each also had a Collins HF-80 10kW transmitter in it.

dg

gmayor

Google "Airtacs air conditioner", it is about fourth one listed, has exact pictures and specs. says it is USMC for multiple applications, 3/4 ton etc. Sounds like pretty good unit.