• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turret ring mount

colt45727

Does anyone know where I can get a gutted turret mount, or the ring that all the bearing, hatch, weapons tray fall into and where the side bars bolt too and..... how much itll cost me?

I looked everywhere, austin's...here... g503... epay, and cant seem to find one.

I decided im going to start collecting parts for a turret over time, and hopefully some day end up with a turret lol.

Any advice or help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

colt45727

I had tried posting in the wanted section of the classifieds days ago but I wasnt allowed, and sent a message about it days ago and no response. Im sorry for the thread and if need be it can be deleted, last thing I want is to upset the admin or people on the forum.

I will suggest that it be deleted

Thanks, Colt

colt45727

Yea I would need to save up more for that. I was thinking of collecting parts to then put them together.

Would it be better to save up some, and then just purchse the whole thing?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need about $7500 min most likely more for a complete slant top with weapons ring and rear sponsons with hatch.

colt45727

I can understand that, I was just wondering about the turret itself. I was thinking of putting it in my softtop so i could have the best of both worlds. I might have to save up an just buy the turret and fabricate it in.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you could start with a turret bearing and the lock ring and fab the rest up. There is a bearing on eBay and I have a spare lock ring for $250.

hot rod deuce

I think the best and cheapest would be the MG-42 rings that RTG parts has. You probably wouldn’t be able to do a 50 on it but you could build another kind of pedestal mount for the 50 in the back like the Nam' gun trucks. 30 on a ring and 50 in the back.
Another option is one of the WWII style skate rail dolly things. http://www.bmgparts.com/products/6540721Low.jpg It basically works like a trolley on a chain hoist. The cool part is that they can just about any shape.

BLK HMMWV

I would agree with the above post.
I would also add that if you don't have a .50 yet you really better start saving your $$$$. Your S/A M2 will set you back at least $8,000 to $10,000.00
BH

colt45727

Im leaning towards buying a bearing and other various parts and then building the rest like SETOYOTA had said.

I got a lead on bearing, hatch, and weapons system to start with. Then I think ill fab the rest out.

Im looking at the RTG ring as a back up, and may very well buy it for just in case. I can always sell it or hold on to it for maybe another project.

As for the the .50, I know the costs of them, but down the road I may want to venture into getting one. I just would like to have a ring that supports both now so I can check that box and be ready.

I want thank all of you for your support and advice.. I like that we can bounce ideas of each other and see what comes of it, and the ideas are most enticing. :twisted:

hot rod deuce

When you build it would be cool to build it around the soft top parts. Kinda like a GMV/soft top hybrid. It would give the best of both worlds. You could have a GMV, a soft top 4 door truck, and always add the canvas cargo cover over the rear to make it a wagon. LOTs of options plus it would be pretty cheap.
Keep me posted, that is actually what I want to do.
P.S. I have a full auto A.C. Spark plug M2HB if you want to "field test" your ring :popcorn:

colt45727

Ill definitely keep you posted when working on it. Im gonna keep it a soft top, will just have to fab some parts up to make the whole system work.

Definitely the ONLY hybrid Ill like

I got a hold of some parts here in FL luclky, bearing works great, hatch, weapon triangle mout, and early style ear turret that the hatch attaches to... cant forget the undercarrige protection.

Ill custom make the mount to the hmmwv, and bracing to the windsheild and c pillar.
It should be interesting. Im down with a field test too.

I wont be able to work on it till spring break (two weeks) or the rest till summer, So Ill keep yall posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks