• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel Junkie

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello

Brand new to the forums/website.....glad I landed here (lots of info/knowledge).

I own a farm and want to add another "toy" to the collection, though a little more utilitarian vs. "speed and smoke".

I've been looking for a dump truck and saw an m817 at auction on one of the government websites (no longer available, was pulled).

CDL required? Legal to drive a military vehicle on the highways in WI or IL? Need to license /register as commercial vehicle (though will be using for non commercial purposes).

As a kid, I've always dreamed of owning something military related. Is this a start of a "disease"...?

Thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome , a 817 would make a great farm dump , in IL you will need a CDL . Currently Wisconsin is the most MV unfriendly state there is and only registers them for parade type use, if registered in IlL you should be ok there.

And yes this is the start of a VERY ADDICTIVE disease.

Chevytruck

You can always go the long way and turn a cargo into a dump, many have done it here. (Just got to find the threads if you want more info :whistle:)

And welcome to the site!

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you gentlemen. I spent a bit of time looking for a way around the WI "if I can't own a deuce and a half, nor can you" law.......and my IL residency might allow for me to drive up there (with IL plates). Not sure yet, but still looking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks