• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Did a few things recently with much more to do. I added a "Steel Soldiers" bumper sticker to the M923, thanks Simp. Swapped out the air filter for a K&N filter. Saw on FB that a few guys were using them and figured I would try one and at $60 I figured why not. Have run it several time with no noticeable changes and was afraid that it wouldn't flow enough air but it appears ok with no collapsing. It just clamps on the intake tube. Model number is RU3220. I am sure I will get crap for trying this but I don't care. Also installed my 120 mm round storage tube on the front passenger side toolbox. I am using it to store my geared lug wrench and other small items. Just bought a set of NOS convoy lights that I hope to install soon. Will post up pics when completed.

Attachments

Ok So I replaced a headlight with the light assembly harness that I changed out to a H3 getting her ready for some newer led lights a little further down the road. However I have a problem with my air system light not going off after my primary and secondary tanks have been filled with at least 120lbs of air. I did take off the fail safe warning control module to place the ground on good contact against the body and through the bolt instead of the way that they had it. It did not make a difference the light is still on. I started the truck got her pumped up with air than turned it off to listen for leaks but heard nothing. Any suggestions???:shrugs: I sure would like to get this operational to get my CDL for it!

Nice work! Did you notice any difference driving it with the new filter??? You know better horsepower and such??? I have been thinking about changing mine over also to where it is using all of the filter instead of just the end. What a stupid design Donaldson did there!

someoldmoose

Coastie, if you manage to suck in that K & N you'll have done something. I run em on all my stuff, even my lawn mower. I forget what model I have lined up for Exit Strategy but it's DEF a K & N.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Thanks airborne and moose. I drove her to local car show tonight and did notice maybe a little more speed of the line. Moose I also use K&N on all my civy vehicles and have for years.

CGarbee

rick container move.jpgrick container move2.jpgrick container move3.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, I helped a buddy move some containers from his old home to his new property using his Schutt trailer...
Have to say that it was a really fun weekend since the new "toy" worked like a charm and behaved wonderfully behind my M931, the conversations were good, and because he picked up the tab for the food, drink, and diesel... ;)

Didn't actually "do" anything to the five ton except that I hung the mudflaps before we hitched up the trailer (usually don't have them mounted since they tend to catch the landing gear on my trailers...).

Mos68x

Now that I finished up editing my vehicle maintenance charts to include the inspections and maintenance for the new truck, I went about starting a major PMCS on mine. Of course that was after I loaded up the truck with more trees I had cut down a few months ago. Took a ton of pics so that I could remember all the faults to put them in the file too lol

Also adjusted my throttle linkage some, seems I got the truck with the turnbuckle being extended too far. Few turns in and now it idles at 600 instead of 8-900. Also tightened up the jam nut for it since the last yahoo left it loose off the turnbuckle and jammed up on the other end of the threads...useless.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?169075-Vehicle-Maintenance-Aide

Jericho

For Airborne Infantry grunt 75 . Dam big mouth full to say that.Iam just a crusty old prop pushin Jet suck blow and go Mech . easy for me to say.. Check your parking brake handle switch, its a spring leafed micro switch in the handle assy, Two wires run down the cable tunnel and out the cab , one goes to ground they other goes forward, You have three pressure switches (low Pressure) one on each tank , primary and secondary and one behind the trailer Air switch on the instrument panel (back side of the knob ). Make sure you don't have any breaks. disconnected wires, Jump in the Tech Data ( available here in the TM section FOR FREE. has the trouble algorythem in one of the volumes( 3 sticks in my mind) easy to find, There is an OHMS check described there, Have the same problem INTERESTINGLY enough , with the emergency brake handle up (engaged) if I put side pressure on it the light and buzzer go off! . have changed the switch, was intermittent. two pressure switches, were leaking and redone the grounds, STILL ON . Would appear the mode of operation in low pressure is TO GROUND to light light and sound buzzer Headed out of the country for a while , will work some more when I return, I was sidelined by a leaking air and water shutter stat . Good luck, and really , a lot of its in the Tech Manuals ( T.O, , technical Order for AF types )

Another Ahab

A couple of weeks ago, I helped a buddy move some containers from his old home to his new property using his Schutt trailer...
Have to say that it was a really fun weekend since the new "toy" worked like a charm and behaved wonderfully behind my M931, the conversations were good, and because he picked up the tab for the food, drink, and diesel...
That sounds like a right fair trade, and a good deal for a few hours work. [thumbzup]

tobyS

View attachment 686090View attachment 686091View attachment 686092

Have to say that it was a really fun weekend since the new "toy" worked like a charm and behaved wonderfully behind my M931, the conversations were good, and because he picked up the tab for the food, drink, and diesel... ;)

Didn't actually "do" anything to the five ton except that I hung the mudflaps before we hitched up the trailer (usually don't have them mounted since they tend to catch the landing gear on my trailers...).
That is a really nice rig!

8madjack

I don't know, I'm going to look online, might be in MRAP TM

Remotes can be found easily. Even if you have to rewire the plug it goes into. I did just that from a place in the U.K. Since I was buying a lot of solenoids from them anyway. I think $50 or somcan get you wired up.

As for the air lock, you need the owners manual or TM to understand it.

What brand is it?

8madjack

I found the installation info for the warn remote clatch as it's called.

WARN Remote Air Clutch Kit 71370

figured it out, posted in new tm uploads

Last edited:
That is good to know yeah I am trying to get my cdl so I can actually drive the darn thing for the test, but I know that they are not going to let me drive it with that thing on....thought about just taking out the light, LOL! whenever you get back to it let me know what tm your in and what page I can find it if you don't mind. Thanks!aua

Ok so I finally found the air leak and it is out of the air drain valve so I took it off and of course it is from the wet tank so it is pretty rusty up inside the union so I have ordered a package of ten to possibly change them all out. I will have some left over. I went around town trying to find one and they were all brass everywhere I don't like the soft brass so I turned all those places down and went with a fastner company called fastenal. They are on order so we'll see what they come with hopefully it will be a complete match. If so I will have a few for sell on ebay cause those boogers are hard to come by out here!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks