• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

one year old Bio-Diesel..

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. After about six it will have oxidized. I wouldn't even put it in a muliti-fuel.

Bio-diesel simply cannot be stored long term.

Speedwoble

Seems a little extreme to say it is only good outside of a vehicle. Yes it can go bad, but the likelihood in a sealed plastic drum with minimal air(if that was the case) is smaller. Before you pitch it, you could send a sample off to be tested. When $200 worth of fuel is on the line, that would be worthwhile in my book.

Found this: Old Biodiesel, Sediment, and Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) which suggests that the common thought, blend it off with petroleum diesel, would be a bad idea.

CycleJay

Thanks guys for the information.

I saw an ad in the local classifieds, someone was just giving it away,
20 gallons, in plastic drum, with electric siphon pump included.

Sounded like a decent deal even if the fuel was bad, that drum
and pump may have come in handy some day.

No worries though, I did not get it, the person who placed the ad,
never responded to my inquiry.

I never would of used it in my M1009 without consulting with you guys first anyway.

Thanks again...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks