• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

!970 M818 Modded

5tontiny

I up loaded a few pics of my truck from how i got it to now , , I cut 24 inch out of the bed an I removed the steps an relocated battery's fuel tank an put the air tank between the frame rails an im running Hemett rims with 53's an i flipped the rear hubs out truck has 250 miles when i got it it was rebuild by the government in 2006 , , it now has 360 miles on it i do drive it around town to work an I plain on goin to a few rally's to go off road I have taken it to red neck yatch club in palmetto it was fun an drew alot of attention , , thank you for reading my post , guess the main reason for my post it to try to make friends an to learn from others:beer: more pic in my profile

Attachments

oilcan

I like it, but I'm sure you're ready for the inevitable question... How do you get in the dang thing with no running boards? Getting out would probably be easy. Just park next to a stack of mattresses and bail!

Seriously, though, I do like it.

Shucks, beat to the punch.

5tontiny

Umm ya getting in to it is not fun untill i figure out a way to put a retractable step I just climb up the tire an hop in not fun if you have to do it all day lol,,,but i like the look an the ground clearance was worth it ,,,,

Danger Ranger

Glad you are here to make friends and learn, many of us here are doing just that. However, using punctuation will speed the process.

The truck looks sweet. Have you tried looking into AMP Power Research steps? Have you thought about moving the axles inwards?...my humble opinion here is that the axles are streched outwards over a shorter body.

5tontiny

@ Danger . Sorry Grammer is not my strong point . But I will try ! lol just for you LOl thank you for the lead on the steps i will look them up. @ Phil Yup I will be there at the Richloam Rally an I have a few friends goin as well a Deuce an Cuvu too an mabe a Mogg . duno but Ill be there for sure .

5tontiny

Thank you Guy's. I just got an A/c kit and i tinted the window's. I really want to do some kind of semi air chairs and a Billet steering wheel .

spicergear

You won't high center that sucker! Looks neat! Maybe even want to think about short sections of heavy cable to make a step out of that way they can absorb a bump hear and there without all the retractable stuff...maybe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks