• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24087'd the deuce this week!

hcso1988

Other than those pictures of the cut outs I did I don't have anything else. I can get a picture of what it looks like tomorrow though. I should of done more grinding after I welded it, but I was in a hurry. It was rotted all the way through, and the Army had used bondo to just cover up the rust.

I took some cardboard to make a stencil of the cuts, and then cut some thin gauge sheet metal to fit. Took the MIG and tacked it in place and just welded it in. It's not perfect but it's better than trying to hunt down new fenders without rust and rot. I'll get some more pictures of it tomorrow for sure.

Next, its on to the inside.

hcso1988

I forgot I had a few pictures on my computer of it. This is before and after. I slapped some of that rustoliem red rust primer on the patches since it was all bare metal. Like I said, I should of spent some more time with the grinder but I was trying to fight weather and time, so a few things had to get rushed. It is solid as ever though and looks pretty good in person.:beer:

Attachments

hcso1988

I believe it was $39 a gallon and it took almost 3 gallons to complete it. But it was the top of the line Behr (Behr Ultra) so it was a bit more a gallon. I've seen some of the other guys use the other versions of Behr, but I don't know how the color matching works when you try and change the base. I don't know too much about mixing paint.

M1008BOV

It's finally finished. All that's left is to find and buy a canvas top. Took it down to the square in my home town where they have old cars every Saturday night. It got a lot of attention. :)

View attachment 332417View attachment 332418View attachment 332421View attachment 332422
I know this is an old thread, and it doesn't look like you've been on here in a while, but if you're still around and have the truck I'd love to see it sometime. I'm considering this color for my 1008 instead of 383, but haven't decided.

I was down at the square last Saturday night with the Chevelle. Both of those yellow camaro's were there. Guess I should have my wife drive the truck down :D

IMG_20150801_190214082.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks