• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM211 needs fuel pump

Uneasy rider

So, I lost the carter 24v pusher pump in the tank. I am hoping someone knows if I can find one so I don't have to go aftermarket in line. Thanks

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Fuel Pump Solutions

The rumor is G749 Carter pumps are hard to find.

I opened the MVPA "Supply Line" Magazine and Sam Winer Motors inc. 330-628-4881 has a large list of G749 parts. No 'fuel pumps' listed but it's worth a call.

You can try brian.asbury@sympatico.ca and ask.

Brian is up in Ontario Canada and even had a complete exhaust system for me.

If you need to go to plan "B" and build an 'aftermarket' set-up let us know how you 'get er' done'.

I can't help anymore unless I see at least 4 pics of the truck.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No tips on new stuff, but the last time I needed one, I found a working one, inside a crumpled gas tank on a donner truck. Another suggestion is, if worse come to worst, convert it to one from an M35. But that is a diesel pump. Doubt that it would matter, but there were other Gassers around too.

Good Luck!

Uneasy rider

butch, i dont know if the rebuild kit will help, i have a direct short some where in the pump itself i.e. if i put power to the pump, the test light will ring if i touch anywhere on the pump (see first pic). i am not an electrical guy so if this made any sense and you think your kit will do the job please let me know. plowboy the rest of the pics are for you

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 fuel pump

Thank you so much. Just can't get enough of the different variances of these trucks.

Looks like a M215 headache rack or similar on her back. That is so clean.

Butch has more knowledge on this stuff then I ever will but one of the kits I saw was for pins/seal/diaphragm? replacement only. Let's see if we can get some more info or pics on what that kit contains

It's worth a tear-down because the ground should come back out of the tank so maybe it's just a loose wire. Real curious because raging power inside a 'gas' tank can't be good. I will get to the shop and check one I have on the shelf.

Not committing to this but I recall low pressure 2.5 - 3 lbs required .... will confirm later.

Did a google on "aftermarket fuel pumps" and found a beetle article that describes the challenge. I'll help ya go shopping after work. Must confirm psi or it's gonna create more problems.

German Pierburg fuel pump + fuel pressure | 1967Beetle.com

Bosch - Fuel Pumps

butch atkins

the pumpkit doesnt rebuild the pump part of the pump,it rebuilds the electrical part of the pump motor,comes with new filter screen,2 electrical contacts,4 rubber insulaters and a new armature for the electric motorand a diagram/instruction sheet.pump gears dont wear out,the armature and the contacts do.Carter No P1574 for Carter P604S Electric Pusher Pump.Good luck on your project.Gunfreak is correct about the pump pressure.Only have a few kits left,when they are gone ,thats it no more in tank units

butch atkins

OOPS,sorry m101plowboy,called you gunfreak by mistake.Uneasy rider ,i cant guarantee that this kit will fix your pump,if you have a short or the little capacitor may be bad,its inside th little housing where the wire plugs into on top of the pump hanger.have sold 10 + of these units and no complaints and it fixed the problem,its not the pump ,its the electric motor problem.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel Pump Kit G749

If there's a chance to post pics of the tear-down / re-build of the pump I know it would be appreciated.

Just like the tingly appreciation I'm getting seeing the SS site pop another potential home run.

Let us know how it works out Rider.......and thanks Butch, so nice to see some things go well.

:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks