• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

manual ctis

bigflew

My ctis controller on my A3 is bad so I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to bypas it. the way I see the schematic if you had a psi gauge on dash for the front and rear wheels and a way to turn pump on and a way to open valve to lower psi manually you could bypass controller??
Anyone have any ideas?

wehring

manual CTIS

I chased this down a few years ago and the short answer is no.

The long answer: The viking valve at the wheel is not always open. i.e. the hub is not always pressurized so the seals on the hub are not always holding pressure. The valve at the wheel requires a delta pressure from the truck side (~10psi) to open. The "brain" deflates the tires with a series of backpressure-open-release-close segments.

If you plumb in a valve on the dash and open it it will not lower the tire pressure. To test this remove a line from the truck side of the system at the wheel... no air is released. You need a supply of backpressure to open the valve at the wheel.

If you can figure it out you will be my hero. I would love manual CTIS.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

bigflew

I wondered what opend the wheel valve. figured it had to be a psi from the air system end but knowing that gives me somthing to work with

willy

There is no air in the system when it is in a rest mode.
Manual CTIS is that the same as air chuck and putting air in your tires.
If you mean having a system you can blow your tires up or letting them down be care full.
If by mistake you hit or change someting now your tires go al the way down or worse blow them selfs up you be in a world off trouble have 6 tires blow to king dom come at 45 MPH or more.:evil:
My 2 cents worth I like the idea but I think you are working with fire or death
The sytem as it is very risci they must have a big sweet over it not having tires blow them self up.
Willy :shock:

Last edited:

Rustygears

The valve at each wheel is tied together as one common system feeding it. You cannot control each wheel or axle independently with stock manifold and plumbing. All tires will equalize to same common pressure. The wheel valves pop open with a pulse of air when the pressure difference between the tire and feed is more than 20 psi. If the air is vented from the system at too high a rate, the tire valves slam shut. By rapidly dumping the air from the manifold, the system depressurizes the hub seals and isolates each tire for system shutdown. The system reduces tire pressure by letting air out of the manifold slowly so that the wheel valves don't close. The system monitors the air pressure at the manifold and because all axles and wheels are plumbed together, this represents the pressure at each tire - if the wheel valve is open. If a tire is flat or below 20 psi, the wheel valve will not open for that tire.

My1966gto

All CTIS control systems has four basic control units

1. Pressure regulator
2. Solenoid dump valve
3. Pressure reading
4. Air Supply Solenoid valve.

Using a double pole single throw toggle switch you power our dump valve closed and power your air supply solenoid open. use the press regulator to adjust the tire pressure you want. wait until your tires reach your pressure. Then turn off the toggle that will
turn off the air supply and dump all the air pressure in the CTIS system and your tires will be at the pressure you used on the regulator. Now to lower the tire pressure. Just turn the toggle switch and slowly (mean slowly) lower the regulator pressure and your tire pressure will go down in pressure. If you get a regulator with manual remoted adjustment and pressure reading you can mount that and the toggle switch in the cab and everything else can mounted where the MA3-608 | CTIS (Central Tire Inflation System) Distribution Valve is. The electric head in the cab is no longer need.

rustystud

[ If a tire is flat or below 20 psi, the wheel valve will not open for that tire.[/QUOTE]

That is in case a tire gets shot out in combat. Keeps the other tires from loosing air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks