• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

airforce kenworth electrical problems

2deuce

This truck is not home with me so I can't experiment. I took some pictures of the battery box, but it was getting dark so they are less than good.

The truck has a 24 volt starter and the rest of the truck is 12 volts. It has 1 solenoid on the starter and what appears to be another solenoid in the battery box. It also has 2 manual switches in the battery box.

What I'd like to find out is how to hook up batteries. We did get the truck running, but we were also getting 24 volts to the 12 volt system and burning out the lights. There was no key for the truck.

I really appreciate any help you can give.

Greg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks