• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions regarding the injection pump fuel control unit/shut-off.

offroadtruckr

My LDT 465 engine oil level was rising so I researched the S S posts and read the injection pump TM. Did an oil change, drained 8 gallons of oil/fuel.
I removed the fuel control unit/shut off cover on the fuel injection pump and found pure fuel puddled in the cover. I replaced the #013 o-ring on the fuel control unit shaft and reassembled. It was kind of tricky lining up the plunger pin but I finally did it . I also made sure the fuel control rod moved freely. Started the engine, ran it for a few minutes then removed the cover and didn’t find any fuel but the engine ran differently. The engine seemed to accelerate ok but when letting off the accelerator pedal the rpm’s would drop to about 450-500 and then would rebound back up to normal 700-800.
After driving the truck for about 10 miles I removed the fuel control unit cover and found oil but there didn’t seem to be any fuel mixed in it and the rpm’s were still fluctuating.

Now with the questions.
If the fuel control unit plunger pin is installed wrong how does this affect engine operation?
What causes my engine to act like I am shutting off the fuel then it recovers when letting off the accelerator pedal?
Is it normal to find oil pooled in the fuel shut off cover or is it supposed to be dry?
Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The "hunting" is caused by the governor. Has the truck not been run much? Mine did that when I brought it back from the "dead". It stopped after a week or two of driving. As long as you dont have fuel and oil mixing, I wouldn't worry about the oil you found.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks