• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spray on epoxy liners?

IAN_M715

im looking to apply a spray on epoxy liner like rhino lining to the cab floor of my M715. the cab because the truck is exposed to salt water since i live near the ocean and i work on boats alot. i dont want to take it to a dealer, rather do it myself. eastwood.com sells SEM pro-tex truckbed liner systems for DIY applications but i know nothing about it. who's had luck with this stuff??

devilman96

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=8859

You will have to scroll through some pages to find the right pics but the whole lower portion of my truck is done in a polymer bed coating made by Dupli-Color... Typical DIY stuff sold at auto places... sometimes even Wally world... 40-60$ a gallon... The trick is to prep well and in how you apply it... I prefer to start with a liquid degreaser... the harsher the better (Purple Power, its caustic)... pressure wash if you can... Wire brush off any flakey stuff sport prime and the likes afterwards...

To apply I much prefer spraying... I use to roll it on a few years ago but bought a gun made for the stuff... I cheap substitute for it would be one of those hand held suction type sandblaster nozzles as you need a REALLY large hole in the nozzle (1/4" plus)...

Test spray with it for a bit... Try thinning it with Xylen for smoother texture and better drying times... A gallon will do a cab no problem especially if reduced about 30%...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IAN_M715,
Line-X or similar have lifetime warranties. If you're gonna keep it, let them do it...if they are close!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been studying this stuff for a while. I'm going with durabak only because they have a color that matches my 686A CARC the best. Gatorgrip also has colored roll ons. If you only want black, I'd suggest Walmart. They have dupli-color and Rino for the cheapest prices I've seen. I don't have a lot of experience applying but I have done a bit of color research. Good luck.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Ian,
You might want to at least get a quote from Line-X. My brother got his long bed ford sprayed for $450. Your cab is a good bit smaller than 8 ft. so it may be more reasonable than you think.

comdiver

I was just talking with my local Rhino dealer in Buffalo. He told me a 8' box would cost $420. Other parts would be $6.50/sq.ft. We talked about fenders and running boards as well. He was very clear that the easier I made it for him the better the job and price. Simple stuff! I actually went to two shops and talked with them. Number 1 shop, I wouldn't take my grandson's wagon to, Number 2 all the right answers. The mechanic was telling me the owner of the shop also owned a Deuce. My type of guy.