• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie to M35A-2!!! Calling all fellow Louisianans!!!!!

EZFEED

Hello all!!!!! Newbie here with my first M35A-2!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/EZFEED/EZM35A21.jpg

I just picked it up from Pineville for $965. It was an ex-Rita vehicle that only flooded up to 3" below the floorboards. Nevertheless I'm tearing it down and going through it anyway.

Here are my questions!!!!

1. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring schematic, repair/rebuild manual, etc?

2. Who has gaskets and parts at the best prices? I've shopped a little at Saturn Surplus.

3. I bought a couple Garwood winches and want to install one but I've been told I need the brackets, PTO, and driveshaft. I have the lever and linkage, where do I find the other parts?

4. Supposedly I am able to use the same bumper with the winch but must flip it. Is this correct?

5. My truck has all of the canvas but I need the individual arched bows for the canopy. Where does one find these or do I just make them?

6. *For Louisiana users* Are we required to get the class D license for our trucks or are we cool with our regular licenses? Who do you guys use for insurance? Can we go the Historical Vehicle route with this?

That's about it for now! :roll: Sorry for all of the questions but I'm kinda lost here. :oops:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the questions can be answered using the search function on the top. I'll work on your list when I get home. Manuals are here in the Tech Manual section. There is also a CAD wriring diagram somewhere on this site.

EZFEED

Jeez.........I ddin't even see that!!! Sorry bout that! I'll start looking right now but whatever you can help me with I would really appreciate as well! :)

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to have you EZ. I know a few guys in beaumont with M35's and there are quite a few in LA. PM mcinfantry. He can tell you everything you need to know about LA laws and M35's.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries. You can spend weeks looking at all the stuff we've covered on deuces over the years. Start with the TMs that start with TM 9-2320-361*** There are 5 in that set and pretty much cover your truck. Go into the TM section and download them. You will have some excellent reasearch material then.

EZFEED

ken said:
Good to have you EZ. I know a few guys in beaumont with M35's and there are quite a few in LA. PM mcinfantry. He can tell you everything you need to know about LA laws and M35's.
Thanks! 8) I shall drop him a line! I currently live in Lafayette but will be moving to Acadia parish pretty soon. This thing looks like fun! Has anyone tried to halftrack one yet?

EZFEED

Re: RE: Newbie to M35A-2!!! Calling all fellow Louisianans!!

Recovry4x4 said:
No worries. You can spend weeks looking at all the stuff we've covered on deuces over the years. Start with the TMs that start with TM 9-2320-361*** There are 5 in that set and pretty much cover your truck. Go into the TM section and download them. You will have some excellent reasearch material then.
I can see! This place seems to be the one stop resource for MV's and I know I'll probably spend a whole week just browsing through it all! :D
I'm gonna hunt fer the TM's right now! 8)

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Newbie to M35A-2!!! Calling all fellow Louisiana

Pull all the drums and check the bearings.Check the dope in the axles for water.Also,check the trans,transfer case and Brake Master Cylinder.Lastly,change the oil and fire it up.

mattgw86

Hey! Another Louisianian! I'm in the New Orleans area. I don't have a Deuce (or any MV's for that matter), but will be getting one before too long.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'll probably spend a whole week just browsing through it all!
Doubt that you'll make it. LOL. If you just browse the deuce forum it will take you a year.

EZFEED

Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie to M35A-2!!! Calling all fellow Louis

FreightTrain said:
Pull all the drums and check the bearings.Check the dope in the axles for water.Also,check the trans,transfer case and Brake Master Cylinder.Lastly,change the oil and fire it up.
Will do! I was suspecting that I'd have to overhaul the brake system. It doesn't look like too bad of a job except if the compressor has water in it. I hope someone has a rebuild kit for them. :(
I did buy a couple extra tranny's and a spare engine.

EZFEED

mattgw86 said:
Hey! Another Louisianian! I'm in the New Orleans area. I don't have a Deuce (or any MV's for that matter), but will be getting one before too long.
Well hey bro!!!!! :D I'm in Lafayette.

I just got this deuce but I do plan on getting some more!!!! I also have a Czech piece of armor but I don't guess this forum is for foreign stuff. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie to M35A-2!!! Calling all fellow L

We've got some areas of the forum for foreign stuff. Just not too much activity in there.

red devils dude

EZFEED I have a set of the winch "brackets" most people call them frame extensions let me know if you want them.

acetomatoco

Don't forget to lube the air pak.....see the LO for instructions.. RAM

EZFEED

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie to M35A-2!!! Calling all fell

red devils dude said:
EZFEED I have a set of the winch "brackets" most people call them frame extensions let me know if you want them.
Heck yeah bubba!!!! PM sent for price and shipping!!!!! Thanks!!!!! :D

EZFEED

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie to M35A-2!!! Calling all fell

Recovry4x4 said:
We've got some areas of the forum for foreign stuff. Just not too much activity in there.
I'll post some stuff once it gets in. It should be shipping within the month. :)

EZFEED

mattgw86 said:
EZFEED said:

That thing is awesome! Where'd you get it?
Czech Republic. I've been working on it for almost a year and a half now. Importing tracked stuff is a breeze but when you start pulling in wheeled stuff it gets stupid with EPA and DOT "IF" you ever want to register and title it to drive on the road. ATF changed the rules on importing barrels on demilled weapons (925(d)) and I had to resubmit my Form-6 for a whole new demil that matched my F-6 and they of course screwed that up so I was set back nearly 6 months due to all of that crap. Anyway....that's all over and she's on her way!!! :D Gonna reactivate the 30mm cannons eventually.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks