• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL new website

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I noticed a few deuces listed recently. I thought they were out of the inventory, but I guess a few stragglers are still finding their way to the GL yards.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the 5-ton section and saw the announcement of an M35 A2C in there (hope this is not against rules). This wil probably happen more often. Now the 5-ton fans will ignore this item and most of the deuce fans will not find it. Is this the moment to get an unexpected cheap deuce?! Too bad I am not in the USA, would have loved to follow that one.
GL's Search Engine has ALWAYS had a problem differentiating between Deuces and 5-Ton trucks.

The explanation for this "phenomenon" is really quite simple. When the system is told to search fo all auctions containing "5-Ton" it uses simple logic and gives you EXACTLY what you asked for.... ANYTHING that includes the syntax "5-Ton". UNFORTUNATELY, any auction that describes a DEUCE as a "2.5-Ton" truck does in fact include the statement "5-Ton".... Look ---> "2.5-Ton" .... SO, if you search for 5-Ton Trucks, your just gonna get them ALL ! ! !

Simply programing logic.

Hope that helps.

Danl

Danl M915A1

I called GL today and talked to Heidi. Happy to say the web admin team is aware of the lack of phone numbers on individual bases which would give us ease and convenience to call and question or schedule at the specific base or post listing out materials of interest.

She says the team is first working on putting all the correct numbers on the invoices when printed out as paid in full. Once that is done, they will migrate to the web pages and see if they can get the correct number in there under the listings, but did not promise it would be done. She thought they might be done now, or close to it, by puttting the correct local numbers on the invoices for us. I check my invoice today for a Huntsville purchase yesterday, and the correct number was listed for scheduling a pickup. It was not listed correctly on the actual auction listing yet.
Something wrong in MA. sent you a PM

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL's Search Engine has ALWAYS had a problem differentiating between Deuces and 5-Ton trucks.

... any auction that describes a DEUCE as a "2.5-Ton" truck does in fact include the statement "5-Ton".... Look ---> "2.5-Ton" .... SO, if you search for 5-Ton Trucks, your just gonna get them ALL ! ! !

Simply programing logic. Hope that helps.
Thanks, it does. Sounds logic, but shouldn't you get more M35,s there then? Then again, did not check that carefully. Following it, I did noticed that some GL posts mentioned 2 1/2 ton and some 2.5 ton With the second, you indeed could get the "5-ton" mistake.

For a computer nerd, it's very easy to include a line like "exclude vehicles containing the term M35 or something like that (I like thinking about solutions for such problems that absolutely not touch me, drives my girlfriend crazy :wink:).

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, it does. Sounds logic, but shouldn't you get more M35,s there then? Then again, did not check that carefully. Following it, I did noticed that some GL posts mentioned 2 1/2 ton and some 2.5 ton With the second, you indeed could get the "5-ton" mistake.

For a computer nerd, it's very easy to include a line like "exclude vehicles containing the term M35 or something like that (I like thinking about solutions for such problems that absolutely not touch me, drives my girlfriend crazy :wink:).
Ah yes.... Easy would make sense, wouldn't it.

Unfortunately, we don't live in the "perfect world" where things that make sense happen without thinking. Let's look at this for a moment....

The general GL experience is that the ONLY things that GL does the EASY WAY are those things that make life easier for THEM, not for us, their users. Bear in mind that GL is a GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR and therefore will invest only the BARE MINIMUM required to "get the job done". True CUSTOMER SERVICE - "going above and beyond for the customer" is not something that Uncle Sam included in their contract language.

Case in point: Look at al the FORKLIFT DAMAGE inflicted upon auctioned trucks - they did it the EASY WAY and injured the TRUCK, Uncle Sam's Profit Margin AND the Customer who is left with a damaged item and a claim against GL that will never be resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

'Nuff said....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks