• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who Bought Those Oshkosh MK-48s???

tah081

I'm sure myself as many others noticed several Oshkosh MK-48s goin for sale on GL the last couple of days! Lookin to see what lucky SS members on here took advantage of the opportunity!!! I just want to know what it feels like to drive one lol... post some pics pf yours if you did buy one... video would be an awesome bonus! I will own one in the future, I can promise that!!!:grd:
Well as soon as I can convince my fiance auaauaaua

Hoefler

I won a complete unit-power unit and trailer. Perhaps those that paid more for power units did not notice that is was for a single item. The singles where mixed in with complete units. Next up is planning to get it to Minnesota.
Pete

caliber1

I won a complete unit-power unit and trailer. Perhaps those that paid more for power units did not notice that is was for a single item. The singles where mixed in with complete units. Next up is planning to get it to Minnesota.
Pete
What location did you win it from Pete?

Hoefler

Hey-didnt build it-just bought it. I will send pictures when able. One thing for certain-when my wife finds out, its going to be bad-oh man o man. She has red hair and Irish blood. I am really hosed but its worth it. Her storm will blow over znd I will have a dragon wagon.
Pete

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Pete, if you need a place to hide it you can park it here for a while! Got any pics from GL of the rig?

bigmellon

i was outbid in NC. The rig with the MK18A1 was pretty cherry.. jumped about 10k in the last 15 minutes of the auction. I stopped looking at 28,600. Still a good price. Hope it is going to a good home, cuz it's not coming here! LOL

MAJ MALFUNCTION

I scored one of the 48's out of FL.

Many of them were recent rebuilds with crazy low miles/hours. The one I ended up with has 80 miles/19 hrs. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I had most of those Jacksonville trucks on my Watch List and a credit card with zero balance on it standing by.

There were 24 complete units and four Power Units at J'ville (although in the pics all of them had trailers attached).

Average price per unit was $15,000.00

Highest price paid for a complete truck (before buyers premium and tax) was $21,500.00

Lowest complete was $11,500.00

The power units sold for $10,000.00, $14,500.00, $16,000.00, $16,277.00.

Considering the whole vehicles cost us the taxpayer around $188,000.00 each the price was right on all of them.

I have inside information that there will be more of these up in the future so I held back this time.

Congrats to those SS members that got one of them.

If you need help recovering them I have the contact info of a trucker in Orlando that is experienced in hauling MV's. I might even go down there and drive one back to my place.

It says that the trucks can't be driven off post and must be loaded on a trailer but that GL won't assist in loading.

If I were a winner I would call the number that was posted in the discription, 904-779-6676, and see if they would let a commercial wrecker move it off post and then it could be driven off from there.

Now that I think of it if all the winners on here were to get together it would be cool to convoy them. Sharing the cost of a wrecker to get them off post would be cheaper.

Last edited:

RIDDLE1

I am really considering one if they push anymore like that out of Jacksonville. I just thought they were going to bring more than they did so I did keep up with them.

You should have seen the look on the wifes face when I showed her!

Augdog1964

I grabbed one...

I grabbed a compete power unit and trailer... flat bed...

I would be VERY interested in working with guys who bought them to get these units to a common place to load and get them together.

If someone wants to hire a wrecker to get them off base and then we convoy to a place to load, I'd fly down to do it...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You missed this one....
I only watched the ones in J'ville.....I knew the ones in NC would go high due to numbers.

By my count there are three SS members that got one. Two going to OK and one to IN.

Still a steal at those prices.......it blew my mind when the PLS trucks went so cheap at Fort Jackson a while back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks