• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Names on your deuce

hwcurtice

This is sort of a take off of the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/91318-whats-your-deuces-name.html thread,

I noticed a lot of deuce windows have soldier's rank and names on them. The question I have is, do you,when you get one that is like this, remove the name or keep it on? How important is it to you, as the current owner, to have this unique piece of history when it comes to your truck?

Yes, I know, a lot of these trucks went through 100's of soldiers, but something made the Army put names on them.

I'm just curious.

phil2968

I drove this deuce to the 2011 Georgia Rally just like you see it. SSG Janes is still on the passenger windshield with SPC Jackson on the drivers side. Sandcobra says he knows these guys. This truck came from Albany Ga.

Attachments

Last edited:

phil2968

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm_GrDK9Y1E&list=UUFhDXR7dl4W8kBAX_jOGxtQ&index=5&feature=plcp[/media]
The same deuce from post 2 on the I75 headed to 2011SSGR passing the Florida convoy, they are so slow!

Last edited:

197thhhc

My name was on my vehicle for several years. The day before I was discharged I took a razor blade and removed it. It was our units symbolic way of passing our truck on to the next guy. If your driving it you have every right to put your name there. since you are now the caretaker of the truck. It doesn't matter if you served or not, or you can honor someone who may be gone now by putting their name there. It all your choice, there is no wrong way.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We never did that in the Guard, but then again, if you're at the PX and your name is on the truck, or you're going a little fast down the street on base, they're going to know who you are.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driver and TC names, everywhere I have been that is part of the motor pool Monday inspection to have them updated so the CSM doesn’t stomp a mud hole in your forth point of contact. When I was a young soldier the truck I drove was "my" truck, I signed for it and did the operator level maint. I would do the PMCS checked afterwards by my TC, and if it required higher level maint I would have to help out as to learn more about my truck and because the motor pool was ALWAYS shorthanded.

Guyfang

Staff member
Driver and TC names, everywhere I have been that is part of the motor pool Monday inspection to have them updated so the CSM doesn’t stomp a mud hole in your forth point of contact. When I was a young soldier the truck I drove was "my" truck, I signed for it and did the operator level maint. I would do the PMCS checked afterwards by my TC, and if it required higher level maint I would have to help out as to learn more about my truck and because the motor pool was ALWAYS shorthanded.
Some folks have pride in what they "have". Some don't. In the early 70's, we were not required to put our names on the trucks. Some did, some didn't. But on the whole, those who did, took better care of the truck. I always did. My trucks always carried the name of "Midnight Rider".

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some folks have pride in what they "have". Some don't. In the early 70's, we were not required to put our names on the trucks. Some did, some didn't. But on the whole, those who did, took better care of the truck. I always did. My trucks always carried the name of "Midnight Rider".
We have to put our names on our trucks but we are not allowed to name them, tanker still do but that’s a tradition kind of thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks